Vacuum line diagrams....

How-to's and repair secrets for your 4WD can be found here. Have a question? Ask it in here!
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

I thought that....according to my Bentley manual...the vac lines to the EGR & vac modulator were reversed.

Then yesterday, I happened to see the sticker under the hood that also shows the vac line routing...this shows that the lines weren't reversed after all...so I put them back again.

Went with the Toyota sticker over the manual.

Do all Tercels have a vac diagram under the hood???????
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

GTSSportCoupe
Highest Ranking Member

Post by GTSSportCoupe »

Every Toyota I've owned has one... (Except those that have had the hood repainted underneath ;) )
Current:
91 LJ78 Landcruiser EX5
95 A32 Maxima SE
Former:
87 AW11 MR2 Smallport 4AGZE
93 Taurus SHO ATX
86 AL25 SR5 6spd 4wd
90 AE92 GTS
82 KP61 SR5
85 MX73
87 AE86 GTS 4AGZE
85 AE86 GTS
83 AL21
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

The Chilton's manual I have shows a vac diagram where the vac hoses are drawn as two lines...and like with one of those optical illusions...there is one hose that turns into the sides of two other hoses. I had to look several times to be sure.

So I used the Bentley manual thinking it was right...NOW I'll go for the sticker everytime.
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

3A-C Power
Highest Ranking Member

Post by 3A-C Power »

Maybe it doesn't matter which way the lines go. I think the two top hoses on the vacuum modulator go to the same place.
tercel4wdrules
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: None

Post by tercel4wdrules »

Chilton's always recommends going with your hood sticker because of changes in the production run. What does this mean?
2015 Honda Fit EX "Malachi"
2001 Toyota Corolla CE "Eugene"
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

According to the sticker they do go to the same place...oh well...I'll eventually figure it <span style='color:blue'>ALL</span> out..... <_<

It means that they made some changes over time as the car was being made (in production) and might have changed the vac routing some?