3A-C emissions plumbing diagram?

How-to's and repair secrets for your 4WD can be found here. Have a question? Ask it in here!
sharkey@zoic.org

Post by sharkey@zoic.org »

G'day everybody,

I'm trying to get my '83 Tercel SR5 sorted out for roadworthy inspection, but I'm
having trouble finding out the details of the 3A-C emission control system ...
so many vacuum lines everywhere!

Has anyone got a diagram of the emissions circuits they could scan and email?

cheers,
sharks in Melbourne, Australia <sharkey@zoic.org>
Thereminator
Top Notch Member

Post by Thereminator »

Ahh! Sharky,Welcome and Hello from Up~Over! Im guessing that Nick(GTS-Sportcoupe) could probably help you,he's not~only Computer~Savy,he's also Tercel4wd's unoficial Ambasador of Good~Will(Outed!).The Hanes Man. dose have Vacuum~Diagrams in there Emission Controls Sec. and I would think the Toyota Man. would have the "Good~Stuff".I noticed that you put you Tercel~Stats at the top of your other message.Must~be because the Entire~World is spin'in the Opposit way down~there,WHOA!,gotta~sit~down,later!!! :blink: !
1984 SR5~Tercel 4wd-6.Spd<br><br>
sharkey

Post by sharkey »

Thereminator wrote:The Hanes Man. dose have Vacuum~Diagrams in there Emission Controls Sec. and I would think the Toyota Man. would have the "Good~Stuff".
Thanks ... you reckon the '87 US-edition Haynes manual covers the '83 3A-C okay?
I might have to order it from Amazon ... Haynes Australia don't do anything which covers
the 3A-C, I wonder why?

I think I'm geting the hang of this forum thing ... :unsure:
GTSSportCoupe
Highest Ranking Member

Post by GTSSportCoupe »

I can scan in the sections that show vacuum diagrams from the Toyota Factory Repair Manual (I have one for the 86 tercels). Not sure when I'll have a chance though. I'm supposed to be scanning the whole thing in for us to post on the website. I just gotta find some time. I'll try to scan them in sometime in the next couple of days for you. What is your email?

Cheers,

Nick
Current:
91 LJ78 Landcruiser EX5
95 A32 Maxima SE
Former:
87 AW11 MR2 Smallport 4AGZE
93 Taurus SHO ATX
86 AL25 SR5 6spd 4wd
90 AE92 GTS
82 KP61 SR5
85 MX73
87 AE86 GTS 4AGZE
85 AE86 GTS
83 AL21
3A-C Power
Highest Ranking Member

Post by 3A-C Power »

Haynes manuals are pretty bad so it's worth it to get the Toyota one. They come up on ebay quite frequently too. I have the manual and I will scan the diagrams in a few minutes.
Thereminator
Top Notch Member

Post by Thereminator »

Actualy Sharky,I ment the Chilton Man. They say 84-94,but from what Ive Gleened off~others 83-85 are for all practical purposes the same.You can get a good~price at Amazon.com(new and used). ;)
1984 SR5~Tercel 4wd-6.Spd<br><br>
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

The Bentley '80 thru '84 manual is considered to be better than Chilton or Haynes. :ph34r:
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

warbstrd
Top Notch Member

Post by warbstrd »

or call toyota direct at 1-800-622-2033 $79.00 US plus shipping...just ordered a corolla gts manual. it was 88.00 ground and be here in 4 weeks....i paid 99.00 2 day ups air....$99.00 was for the book and shipping.
GTSSportCoupe
Highest Ranking Member

Post by GTSSportCoupe »

That is the best way to go.
Current:
91 LJ78 Landcruiser EX5
95 A32 Maxima SE
Former:
87 AW11 MR2 Smallport 4AGZE
93 Taurus SHO ATX
86 AL25 SR5 6spd 4wd
90 AE92 GTS
82 KP61 SR5
85 MX73
87 AE86 GTS 4AGZE
85 AE86 GTS
83 AL21
sharkey

Post by sharkey »

GTSSportCoupe wrote: I can scan in the sections that show vacuum diagrams from the Toyota Factory Repair Manual (I have one for the 86 tercels). Not sure when I'll have a chance though. I'm supposed to be scanning the whole thing in for us to post on the website. I just gotta find some time. I'll try to scan them in sometime in the next couple of days for you. What is your email?
Thanks! Just sharkey@zoic.org. i get so much spam already, there's no point
hiding it! I'll see if I can track down a Toyota book somewhere in Australia,
if you reckon the '86 and the '83 ones are pretty much the same that'll make
it a bit easier I think.

Thanks all!
3A-C Power
Highest Ranking Member

Post by 3A-C Power »

I should point out that the specifics of the 3A-C vary enough from one area to the other that it's likely your australian engine won't match any of the diagrams in the US and Canada book. There's about 3 of them - Canada, California and the rest of the USA. European 3A-C engines had more horsepower so they must have differences somewhere.