Weber carb install help

How-to's and repair secrets for your 4WD can be found here. Have a question? Ask it in here!
duragauge
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 1986 Tercel 4WD SR5

Re: Weber carb install help

Post by duragauge »

cornell wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:16 am @Duragauge, is that a fuel pressure regulator of some kind on your fuel line into the weber?
Yes, it's a Holley 12-804 that's rated for 1-4 psi. It comes pre-set from the factory at 2.8 psi, which is just where I wanted it.

I originally thought I wouldn't need/want one, since I was getting 3.5 psi, but after a while I noticed my carb was getting too much fuel and gas was leaking out. The regulator seems to have fixed that.

Plus the pressure had been bouncing up and down due to the pumping of the mechanical pump, and the regulator has smoothed that out.
DirtyOregonKid
My tercel:: 1986 Tercel Wagon

Post by DirtyOregonKid »

@Duragauge Do you recall what nipples you're using on that regulator? I have the same one sitting on my bench. Thanks
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Post by Mattel »

Anyone doing this swap please hold onto the original carb as they work really well with a new carb kit put through them.
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms