Body patch panels

How-to's and repair secrets for your 4WD can be found here. Have a question? Ask it in here!
kitchman
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1983 2wd tercel hatch back ,1986 SR5

Body patch panels

Post by kitchman »

Hello all , still have my little girl, although the N.E. where she roams is a salt palace in the winter! Curious if anyone has knowledge of sheet metal patch panels for the Tercel wagon, specifically the fender and quarter panel upper eye brow areas?
ALiveSR5
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: Was a stock 1985, SR5, 4WD, 6-speed manual, Wagon.

Re: Body patch panels

Post by ALiveSR5 »

kitchman wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:44 pm Curious if anyone has knowledge of sheet metal patch panels for the Tercel wagon, specifically the fender and quarter panel upper eye brow areas?
I have to say, no I do not have such knowledge.

I do, however, have a right front fender from a 1985 SR5 wagon available (and a bunch of other parts posted on this forum), in eastern PA.
~
RightFenderOutside.jpg
~
RightFenderInside.jpg
Cheers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No other vehicle that I have ever owned had a heart and soul like my 1985 Tercel SR5 4WD Wagon. :D
~
Great minds may think alike but it is the doers who see their visions become reality. :?
Kozuto_98
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1987 SR5 Wagon

Post by Kozuto_98 »

If you're at all handy with a welder, sheet steel, and body fill, or have a friend who is, I'd recommend making some.
I've only seen one site that claims to have fenders for these, and they go for $400+ CAD. I think the site was called Amayama.
While my results were never perfect compared to a clean example, it does the job.

fender fixed.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1987 Tercel Wagon SR5 4WD
1998 Honda Accord Coupe V6 J35 swap
1997 Acura CL (Sold for 4A-GE money)
RIP 2016 Civic (wrist pin recall)
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

Post by NWMO »

kitchman,

I have no knowledge of replacement fenders. I could be wrong, but I believe the consensus is the front fenders should all swap regardless of year AND 2WD to 4WD. Somebody may confirm, but I'm pretty confident that is the case.

Chris
Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart"

In remembrance of my friend ARCHINSTL:

T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
kitchman
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1983 2wd tercel hatch back ,1986 SR5

Post by kitchman »

Ty all for your replies!!