Possible missing choke-throttle part?

How-to's and repair secrets for your 4WD can be found here. Have a question? Ask it in here!
AlexArrow
My tercel:: 1986 Toyota Tercel SR5 Wagon 4WD

Possible missing choke-throttle part?

Post by AlexArrow »

After disassembling and reassembling the carburetor in order to clean all the gunk out, it would seem I lost a part in the process. Tried looking around, but nothing. I've circled the area in the photo. This is the point in which the choke(of which connects to it via a rod from the green bushing, below the circle) to the throttle lever/cam.

If I see how this piece looks, maybe it will help me find it, or at least fabricate a replacement. Can't find any pictures with a clear view of it.
123765745_10207831978993324_2923207597472158669_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ALiveSR5
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: Was a stock 1985, SR5, 4WD, 6-speed manual, Wagon.

Re: Possible missing choke-throttle part?

Post by ALiveSR5 »

AlexArrow wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:30 pm Can't find any pictures with a clear view of it.
I posted a video of a 3A-C carb on your Facebook post for this (I do not know how to post videos, here, or if it is possible).

For me, at least, it would be helpful to have a picture just a little further back, so there is some reference for the closer view that you provided - it would give me better perspective of the image.

Maybe you can see the part in the video.
No other vehicle that I have ever owned had a heart and soul like my 1985 Tercel SR5 4WD Wagon. :D
~
Great minds may think alike but it is the doers who see their visions become reality. :?
AlexArrow

Post by AlexArrow »

Okay
20201105_185345.jpg
If needed, I can try to get another photo with everything installed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AlexArrow

Post by AlexArrow »

I figured it out. It is all okay. The parts were just not yet touching, but seen it in operation today. That and the continued problems are likely more gunk.
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

it usually helps a lot of spray the choke, all the linkage and down the barrels with carb cleaner while it is running. lots of it, cleans out the gunk. it will prvent sticking of the moving parts.

I also like to spray a light lubricant on the external linkage, cables, etc. on all sides of the carb.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
AlexArrow

Post by AlexArrow »

Figured out the problem. The old gas even clogged up the caps - both of them! Cleaned one out and no more vacuum in the tank. Runs so much better now!
ALiveSR5
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: Was a stock 1985, SR5, 4WD, 6-speed manual, Wagon.

Post by ALiveSR5 »

AlexArrow wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:43 pm Figured out the problem. Runs so much better now!
Good news! It is nice to learn how problems are resolved. :D
No other vehicle that I have ever owned had a heart and soul like my 1985 Tercel SR5 4WD Wagon. :D
~
Great minds may think alike but it is the doers who see their visions become reality. :?