Help/question with Weber install

How-to's and repair secrets for your 4WD can be found here. Have a question? Ask it in here!
JWHart
My tercel:: 1984 Tercel 4WD SR5

Help/question with Weber install

Post by JWHart »

Hey guys, a friend and I put a Weber 32/36 manual choke on my T4 this past Saturday (kit 740m) with Weber fuel pressure regulator and an oil filled gauge with pressure release.

I gathered all my knowledge I need here of course but I have some questions still I need help from you guys to get it 100% because it’s to be my daily driver so I’m kind of in a bind having only 1 other car and sharing between my wife and I has been hard with us both working a ton. Also have an upcoming move so I’m rushed to finish before next weekend.

Okay so I’ll post plenty of pictures in case something screams out at you guys please alert me

Two pictures will have a part circled in green which is my first question: this part has two holes with vacuum and when I put my fingers over them the car wants to die? What is this part and what should I do guys? (Car runs great and feels great no flat spots in acceleration but has some rough idle)
13103FCE-5367-4AFA-9361-D36C53862E8B.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BaileySims
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1983 Tercel SR5 4WD

Re: Help/question with Weber install

Post by BaileySims »

Run some vac hose to both of the nippes to block it off. Maybe you tuned the weber while you had that vac leak? I have everything blocked and all the emissions stuff removed on mine. I've got the vacuum line from the carb and the other from the baseplate running to the vacuum advance on the distributor and my pcv vented to atmoshpere. Depending on where you live, elevation wise, you may need to buy a jet kit to have the carb run at optimal performance.
WAGON MAFIA.
Blood, sweat and beers.
xirdneh
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 87 tercel 4x4 wagon w/reringed engine, 83 tercel 4x4 wagon w/salvaged engine and 4.1 Diff's

Re: Help/question with Weber install

Post by xirdneh »

Those have to be plugged. I did some messing around with the jets on a car i used to have. Its all documented on this site if you can find it. Basically it ran better as i decreased the jet size. I think it started at 45 or 40 and i stopped at 25 or 30. If i still had the car i would try going lower. Car ran better after every drop in size but mpg never got better than 26 (started at 25) . I get 30 with stock carbs
Love those Tercell 4x4 wagons but they sure suffer from road noise.