Are these Throttle Posisioner Connections correct?

How-to's and repair secrets for your 4WD can be found here. Have a question? Ask it in here!
Dumindu
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1987 Toyota tercle 4wd DX Wagon 1452CC

Are these Throttle Posisioner Connections correct?

Post by Dumindu »

My car is a Toyota Tercel 1987 4WD 1452CC DX Wagon. It has a Aisen 14120 2 BL Carburetor.

This car has a Original Carburetor. But it has been repaired and rebuild several times. Now its Throttle positioner is as in the following picture.
Photo0251.jpg
Photo02512.jpg
I have seen a spring and a lever connection in some carbs. But this is different from it.

If someone have a original carburetor, please give me a picture of the connections in the Throttle Positioner.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

Re: Are these Throttle Posisioner Connections correct?

Post by NWMO »

From Google search, not near my car currently.

Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart"

In remembrance of my friend ARCHINSTL:

T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

that does not look like anything we have in North America. It may be correct for you location. Check the funtion, if it works correctly you are off the hook.

that push rod driven by the diaphragm lifts the end of the throttle travel off the stop when you drop the throttle suddenly from a cruising speed. It should hold it open a little, and slowly allow it close after 6 seconds or so. It prevents the emissions from spiking upward when the throttle slams shut when you suddenly left off the gasoline. by holding the throttle open a little, and allowing it to return to the stop slowly, you reduce emissions.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
Dumindu
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1987 Toyota tercle 4wd DX Wagon 1452CC

Post by Dumindu »

Thank you very much for all your valuable answers.
Falconess
My tercel:: 1985

Post by Falconess »

Not trying to hijack, but I can’t figure out how to post on forum. Can anyone tell me what this is? Engine is idling about 2000 RPMs. If I push down on this position or which seems to be broken, it brings it down to about 1000. I think this is my problem. And I assume it needs to be replaced. Am I right?
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

that is a device that speeds the idle up when you turn on the air conditioner, to prevent it from dying when you come to a stop with the AC running. If your AC is not working, you can disable it or completely remove it. it is vacuum operated, I think there is an electrical connector going to it as well, make sure you cap off the vac line.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)