First Gen parts I need

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
Vienna
Advanced Member

Re: If you happen by a pick and pull (My list of parts I nee

Post by Vienna »

The wagon went the way of the crusher it seems, sad day as there wasn't even a photo on the site so we'll never know the condition of it. The sedan has some things need so Paul is in the yard pulling parts now. Unfortunately since we have the toddler with us I can't personally go to check the inventory.
irowiki
Highest Ranking Member

Post by irowiki »

What an interesting day! Was an 82 Four door Tercel with 157k miles and an Auto from California!

Got the following of note to cross off my list:

Passenger sun visor
Blue Driver inside door handle
Licence plate lights
Headlight/turn signal switch
Antenna (broke the cable)
Driver window regulator
Blue dashboard pad
Rear defroster switch

I think the best part I got was the headlight/turn signal assembly, the light switch on mine is so loose it'll vibrate on and off while driving, and ebay wanted $200-300 for one! I just have to hope the wiring stayed the same :lol:

Will make a full inventory and post it later. Was going to grab the windshield but some yahoo ran the wipers without rubber for a while. Looked at getting the defroster glass too, but the seal would have taken too long to cut out :(

Even got some stuff for my Regal and for the family's beater dodge we borrowed.
Former Tercel Enthusiast (not a practical family car anymore but they still have a place in my heart)

Site administrator, if something is broken, PM me!

87 Corolla FX16, 105k
94 Jamboree RV (Ford E-350), 90k
95 Camry Wagon, 170k
97 4runner, 275k
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Post by dlb »

the broken antenna wire is no problem. just cut the wire from your car, twist it together with the wire from the new one, and solder and shrink wrap it. i've done it, worked fine.
irowiki
Highest Ranking Member

Post by irowiki »

It pulled right off the wire on the junked one when I tugged it lightly to get it off. I think the wire is gone from my car (of course), I'll have to see if I can get at it to check!

If I can't figure it out, it'll just be a cosmetic antenna for now, to cover up the ugly holes!
Former Tercel Enthusiast (not a practical family car anymore but they still have a place in my heart)

87 Corolla FX16, 105k
95 Camry Wagon, 170k
97 4runner, 275k
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Post by dlb »

most antenna wires and the plug that goes into the back of stereos are the same (at least on all these old cars) so you should be able to grab one from just about any other car, if you're interested in it. i don't know when i last listened to a radio but i always like to have it in place anyway. you know, just in case there's a nuclear assault and i need to know where to evacuate to or whatever.
irowiki
Highest Ranking Member

Post by irowiki »

Yeah the cable looked like a normal coax cable! Ha, I bet my kids will be like "Co axe, what?"

I'm buying a new radio, and while it'd be nice to have FM every now and then, it isn't really pressing. I was going to pull it out of the junker but someone cut it long ago!

87 Corolla FX16, 105k
95 Camry Wagon, 170k
97 4runner, 275k
irowiki
Highest Ranking Member

Post by irowiki »

We managed to find a very good shape 82 Sedan and stripped it of most of the inside parts! Still need a few random things.

87 Corolla FX16, 105k
95 Camry Wagon, 170k
97 4runner, 275k