Ebay watching thread

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
3A-C Power
Highest Ranking Member

Post by 3A-C Power »

<a href='http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... gory=18290' target='_blank'>http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... y=18290</a>

<a href='http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... gory=30178' target='_blank'>http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... y=30178</a>

I should ask whoever buys these cars "Do you want to trade your crappy domestic headlights and boring clear corner lenses for some awesome USDM headlights and corner lenses that are partially ORANGE?" Well maybe I'll sweeten the deal up with a US 87-88 4WD grille, which fits the US headlight brackets. That grill does actually look better than the euro version, and the US headlights 'look' fine from the outside. I hope they don't know over in europe how bad our DOT safety standards are.
OZ Rob

Post by OZ Rob »

Hay 3a-c,

I have a set of those so called boring headlights and clear side indicaters
Sitting in my shed B)

Oz Rob
3A-C Power
Highest Ranking Member

Post by 3A-C Power »

How much do you want for them? Are you interested in US spec headlights at all? (no harm in asking, right?) I am very, very interested. It is great to have a non-North American member on this site and I want to learn as much as I can about the state of Tercel 4WD's in Australia. Can you find them at the junkyards at all? If you can find any more used headlights and corner lights, there will be buyers on this side of the world. I know they're the wrong pattern for left hand drive roads, but I can get around that. Mainland european countries like France and Germany have the right handed headlights but I haven't had any luck finding any over there.
Thereminator
Top Notch Member

Post by Thereminator »

I like that German Tercels steering-wheel,am I alone in this,or dose the stock wheel suck? Finding a better wheel isnt much of a problem,but I need to bring it an inch or two closer and concidering that the stock one is already a "deepwell",that could be a problem,right? Jon,if I find some "clear-lense" lights at the yard,Ill ship them to you at-my-cost. :)
1984 SR5~Tercel 4wd-6.Spd<br><br>
3A-C Power
Highest Ranking Member

Post by 3A-C Power »

You are not alone in wanting to replace the stock wheel. I've been through Supra, Cressida, Corolla GT-S and MR2 wheels, each with their pros and cons. A leather wrapped AE86 GT-S wheel or AW11 MR2 wheel is the right dish but kind of ugly and the leather isn't always good. The AE92 GT-S wheel is a little shorter and requires slight modification to fit the hub and the fake leather feels like crap, however it does look nice. My latest one is a 2003 Corolla S wheel, it has the same hub spline and taper but needs the horn contact custom mounted and I don't have the air bag centrepiece. You can put a wheel with less dish on if you change the wiper/headlight switch with a Cressida or Supra one, which are better anyways.
Fingers
Top Notch Member

Post by Fingers »

Here is something on E-bay, might be of interest of you Terc4wd horders, or maybe find a nice rebuilt and have a clean looking car. I would do it myself, but it is too far away!

<a href='http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 49950&rd=1' target='_blank'>http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 50&rd=1</a>
86 Tercel Wagon 4WD, 4AC, 3sp Auto. (2) 89 Corolla GT-S, 4AGE. 87 Corolla GT-S, 4AGE, SOLD! 68 Mustang Fastback, 351c.i.=>429c.i., 3 Speed Manual, 10 Year Plan. 66 Mustang GT350, 289c.i., 4 Speed Manual, SOLD!

Helliphino.com
3A-C Power
Highest Ranking Member

Post by 3A-C Power »

holy crap thanks for posting that.
tercel4wdrules
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: None

Post by tercel4wdrules »

Holy schmokes! I also found a 1984 Tercel 4WD that is for sale in the area like 5 miles away where I live. I want to go take a look at it. The owner is only asking 450 o.b.o so I'll see if I can convince my dad to get this one. There is also an 83 for 400 but needs tires and a smog check which is a pain in the neck and ass. Anyway I wish I lived in Milwaukee so I can rescue it. Anyway I'll worry about that 84 for now.
2015 Honda Fit EX "Malachi"
2001 Toyota Corolla CE "Eugene"
Advanced Member

Post by Guest »

I am going to try. The price is so low, it would hurt not to. Unfortunately this comes at the time I have absolutely no money, but I'll try to arrange something.
tercel4wdrules
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: None

Post by tercel4wdrules »

Damn! I wish I had the money so I could give it to you. I'm a Tercel 4WD rescue-holic. Well I'll see how it goes and wish you luck.
2015 Honda Fit EX "Malachi"
2001 Toyota Corolla CE "Eugene"
3A-C Power
Highest Ranking Member

Post by 3A-C Power »

Thanks, I appreciate the thought. You hardly even know me. My wife, brother or dad may help out considering I just finished university (as of next saturday) and deserve a break. Also my credit card company might increase my credit limit, considering that they're evil and they know how much more interest they will get. Not buying this car is actually the most expensive option, because whatever other rust free tercel 4wd wagon I buy is likely to be more expensive. It depends how high the bidding goes but it's only at $51 a day before it ends. I hope other people bid really high and then I don't have to risk the expenditure or feel bad for losing a good deal.
Fingers
Top Notch Member

Post by Fingers »

Yeah, I hope someone picks it up and saves it from the yards. There were 2 4wd and a fwd wagon in one of my local yards back when I first started putting my engine in. They were pretty much untouched, and I had intended on stockpiling the parts from them the following weekend (I really wanted all of the manual tranny parts, this auto stuff is kinda poopy), an when I went back, they all had been removed. Kinda funny, I had never seen one in there before, and all three must have come in in the same week. Maybe someone who was cleaning out their tercel stockpile, or maybe because they used them for the last winter and deceided to just junk them out.

Sad, sad day. I felt so guilty that I didn't save them, or at least portions of them.
86 Tercel Wagon 4WD, 4AC, 3sp Auto. (2) 89 Corolla GT-S, 4AGE. 87 Corolla GT-S, 4AGE, SOLD! 68 Mustang Fastback, 351c.i.=>429c.i., 3 Speed Manual, 10 Year Plan. 66 Mustang GT350, 289c.i., 4 Speed Manual, SOLD!

Helliphino.com
Thereminator
Top Notch Member

Post by Thereminator »

COME-OOOON AC !!!,That Things got "Project-Car" Written All Over-it!!.Just sneak-in at the last minute,All you been think'in-bowt is what motor and what Mods your gonna do Right? Comeooooooooon!!! :D
1984 SR5~Tercel 4wd-6.Spd<br><br>
warbstrd
Top Notch Member

Post by warbstrd »

HOLY CRAP !!!! that body looks great from the fotos.....3AC though you were in canada not milwaukee...jees wish i could get it...drop the 4ag engine in that one...looks nicer than mine...
3A-C Power
Highest Ranking Member

Post by 3A-C Power »

Well the plan has been all along to get a rust-free bodyshell, strip and paint it and put the 4A-GE in, and once it's done swap all the parts from my current SR5 over. All the while I still have my car to drive. I just can't let this one go and I have a few options for money that could work out. I'll let you all know in about 22 hours.