Tercel Wanted

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
John1

Post by John1 »

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this ad, however I am just wondering if anyone out there has one of these little great cars for sale. My dad had one of these cars when I was growing up and have a sort of sentimental attachment to them. If anyone has any leads on one it would be greatly appreciated. I've been watching the papers and local trader for about 6 months and there seem to be none around.

Thanks,

John
Fingers
Top Notch Member

Post by Fingers »

I'm guessing the mods will tell you to post something like this under the 'for sale' or whatever section. I always keep my eyes open for old tercels (ok, toyotas in general). You could provide some help for us helping you if you give us a geographic location and some type of specifics (if you have any) on what you are looking for.
86 Tercel Wagon 4WD, 4AC, 3sp Auto. (2) 89 Corolla GT-S, 4AGE. 87 Corolla GT-S, 4AGE, SOLD! 68 Mustang Fastback, 351c.i.=>429c.i., 3 Speed Manual, 10 Year Plan. 66 Mustang GT350, 289c.i., 4 Speed Manual, SOLD!

Helliphino.com
hoocroo

Post by hoocroo »

Sorry about posting this in the wrong section, I just finished browsing the entire site and realised I made a mistake. I'm located in southern Ontario in case anything becomes available in this area. As for what I am looking for, I guess it is the 83-87 4wd tercel wagons (I think that is the correct year). No preference over a base or SR5 models or anything else inparticular, as I know they are becoming more and more difficult to come by. Thanks, John
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

Best bet might be to do a search for 1983-1988 Toyota Tercels on <a href='http://www.autotrader.com' target='_blank'>http://www.autotrader.com</a>.

Then SORT by distance and be prepared to drive at least 200 miles or so?

You have to look thru the listings for the 4WD wagons though.

Once you do the search, you can save the URL and the search will be redone whenever you click it.
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

Thereminator
Top Notch Member

Post by Thereminator »

I would get-ahold of 3A-C Power.I think he's from your neck-o-the-woods and knows a thing or two about Tercel4x's. Alan. P.S. Hey Takza,can we watch Jhonny-O test that car???
1984 SR5~Tercel 4wd-6.Spd<br><br>
GTSSportCoupe
Highest Ranking Member

Post by GTSSportCoupe »

Moved this post to buy/sell for you. ;)

There are about 5-6 tercel 4wds I know of for sale where I live, but it is across the continent from you. :(
Current:
91 LJ78 Landcruiser EX5
95 A32 Maxima SE
Former:
87 AW11 MR2 Smallport 4AGZE
93 Taurus SHO ATX
86 AL25 SR5 6spd 4wd
90 AE92 GTS
82 KP61 SR5
85 MX73
87 AE86 GTS 4AGZE
85 AE86 GTS
83 AL21
3A-C Power
Highest Ranking Member

Post by 3A-C Power »

I'm in Hamilton, Ontario, where are you from? Are you looking for a car that isn't rusty or just one that runs? They are always rusty around here, so for a good one your best bet is to find one on ebay or the US auto trader and travel to pick it up. My car was bought from the original owners by leaving a note. Rust is minimal, but still there and needing to be fixed. What are you willing to pay? I've seen them going for under $1000 lately, running but needing bodywork.
hoocroo

Post by hoocroo »

I currently live downtown Toronto, but will be moving out to Etobicoke once school ends at the end of this month. I would be interested in one that isn't too rusty as I have yet to learn much about the art of metal work, although I hope to learn. I like that idea of leaving a note on a car of interest as I know of a few around that don't seem to be for sale, but I guess I never know. I may give it a shot. As for price, I'd be willing to pay up to $2000. To be completely honest, I am looking for my first car and am looking for something cheap and reliable. I wish I could try and find the one we used to have as it was rusted proofed yearly for the first 15 years of its life. It was sold it to a guy living in Burlington but I have no idea what happened to it. Keep your eyes peeled for a 1985 light metallic green tercel zipping around. I would kill to get it back. So many memories and my obsession for cars started under the hood of that car.