hey everyone i m a newby here needing some help???

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
4player
My tercel:: 84 tercel sr5

hey everyone i m a newby here needing some help???

Post by 4player »

Could anyone tell me where i could find a passenger front door handle in oz ???
Anto
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Re: hey everyone i m a newby here needing some help???

Post by dlb »

there are a few australian members. look up gmeddy and mattel and drop either one a PM (private message). there are a few others but i can't remember their names.
gmeddy
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 83, SR5

Post by gmeddy »

I would also like to know. I need a new drivers door handle. Mine has broken and I replaced it with one from a wreck, but it too broke. I can't open my door from the outside now!
Is there anyone who sells them new in the USA or CA?
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Post by Mattel »

Depends where you are in Aus but I know a wrecker at Geelong that has 3 tercs.

But have you checked the lever inside the door that goes from the handle to the door latch mechanism? these can slip out of there mounting on the latch pretty easy but if you look carefully after getting the door panel off you can see a little plastic adjuster that will help keep the lever snug in it's appropriate place.

Similar year corollas are also worth looking at as some of them have similar looking parts.
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
gmeddy
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 83, SR5

Post by gmeddy »

nah... mine has fully broken.
the see-saw mechanism has come out of the plastic.
there is one central pivot that the mechanism works off, and it is moulded into the plastic.
the plastic all around it that holds it in place as gone brittle and cracked up.
no glueing it either, too much stress for glue to handle.
dlb
Highest Ranking Member

Post by dlb »

gmeddy wrote:no glueing it either, too much stress for glue to handle.
funny you should mention, i've used krazy glue for quite a few plastic fixes. i actually used it to fix the ripped-off driver side mirror on my project car, worked great. i've used it before on laundry dryer machine lint traps that have snapped off from the pull handle and it's held up for years. it's worth a shot if you haven't already tried it.
4player
My tercel:: 84 tercel sr5

Post by 4player »

Mattel wrote:Depends where you are in Aus but I know a wrecker at Geelong that has 3 tercs.

But have you checked the lever inside the door that goes from the handle to the door latch mechanism? these can slip out of there mounting on the latch pretty easy but if you look carefully after getting the door panel off you can see a little plastic adjuster that will help keep the lever snug in it's appropriate place.

Similar year corollas are also worth looking at as some of them have similar looking parts.

hey mate mate thanks would you be able to buy and post if i did a direct deposit in your account if possible???
thanks for tip
dlb
Highest Ranking Member

Post by dlb »

mattel is in japan right now, FYI.
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

That handle is common to all of the Tercels from '83 thourgh 86, and wagons through '88. They might even be the same on the earlier ones, and perhaps even the same year Corolla (but I do not know for sure). So this might help your search to know other models use the same door handle.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Post by Mattel »

Hi guys, just got back from Japan a few weeks ago, it's good to be back on Terra Firma as I would be woken up every couple of nights while I was around the Tokyo by aftershocks. But wow! what an amazing country and people. There is still so much devastation from March11 and still the earthquakes keep coming.

Anyway - the wreckers is below. Unfortunatly I don't go near that area right now as it is about 60kms away and they have a new ring road around Geelong. They are OK about removing and sending to you usually. If they wont' send.

http://www.grantsautodismantlers.com.au/

Petros - The 4wd wagon is the only Tercel that we ever got in Australia. Many people also call there Corolla Alltracs here "Tercels" it's the generic name for small toyota 4wd wagons.
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms