Need RH Headlight for 87/88 Wagon

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
hberdan
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: Sold my 1987 Tercel Dlx 4x4 Wagon but miss driving it everyday. I don't miss working on it, though.

Post by hberdan »

Howdy,
I am looking for a RH composite headlight assembly in really good condition to replace one that has had water leakage and corroded inside...if you are interested in trading I have an 85 wagon that does not run and I can trade parts from it for the headlight assembly.
The HL I am looking for uses those 9004 bulbz. I believe it is specific to the wagon and do not think a regular Tercel sedan composite light will fit(?).
Thanks! Contact me at fgd135@att.net
"I'm high on the real thing: Powerful gasoline, a clean windshield, and a shoeshine."
3A-C Power
Highest Ranking Member

Post by 3A-C Power »

I will hook you up. I want to keep the set I have just for collection purposes but the local wreckers happens to have an 87 FWD wagon with good headlights! It also has one side corner light with the headlight surrounding trim unbroken (most of them are broken) so let me know if you want that. The other side corner light has a broken lens but the trim is not broken and the lens can be changed although it's hard. Where are you? What kind of shape is the 85 in other than not running? Is it a good body?
hberdan
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: Sold my 1987 Tercel Dlx 4x4 Wagon but miss driving it everyday. I don't miss working on it, though.

Post by hberdan »

THANKS!
I will have to check and see if I need the side lights, but I think I only need the RH headlight assembly...the one on the car now is corroded from water leakage, looks like the previous owner never bothered to spend a few dollars on a new collar to keep the water out--it is not cracked, just the metal reflector is in bad shape...
The 85 has a good body with very little rust, just does not run, needs new engine and probably tranny, too, as the poor car had 238,000 miles on it when the head cracked. I remember before that happened that I was hearing a lot of transmission related noises.
I am in Colorado, so don't know if that helps you out.
Let me know what it would cost for the headlight, shipping etc., by email, and if you are in need of a part from the 85 let me know. The postal code here is 80306.
It is great having a parts car! I have gleaned all kinds of small cosmetic parts, door handles, rear wiper motor, etc., from it, the kind of parts that are either expensive or hard to find.
"I'm high on the real thing: Powerful gasoline, a clean windshield, and a shoeshine."
Typrus
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Typrus »

80306..... Now where is that again?
I'm up in 80538.
RIP 10-07- 1984 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

RIP 04-05- 1986 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

1st Terc- 1987 Tercel SR5 4wd Wagon 6-speed, Sadly cubed

1985 Tercel Standard 4wd Wagon w/ 3-speed auto, Living a happy life in Boulder last I knew
Typrus
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Typrus »

Ah! Boulder! I love atomic clocks...
RIP 10-07- 1984 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

RIP 04-05- 1986 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

1st Terc- 1987 Tercel SR5 4wd Wagon 6-speed, Sadly cubed

1985 Tercel Standard 4wd Wagon w/ 3-speed auto, Living a happy life in Boulder last I knew
hberdan
Highest Ranking Member

Post by hberdan »

Ahh, Loveland!
3A-C Power
Highest Ranking Member

Post by 3A-C Power »

I will probably get to go to the wreckers next saturday, a week from now. DO you still want the headlight? They would charge around $25 for it and then shipping I guess would be $10. Maybe check car-part.com first and see if there's anything closer and/or cheaper, then let me know.\

Is your 85 the grey interior? If so, how good shape are the rear cargo area lower side interior panels in?
hberdan
Highest Ranking Member

Post by hberdan »

Email sent.