Looking for European parts

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
3A-C Power
Highest Ranking Member

Post by 3A-C Power »

I know there's a few new people from around the world so I thought I'd bring this up again: I'm looking for a set of corner lights from a European Tercel, or anywhere outside of North America for that matter. Australian ones should be the same. I got some German H4 headlights recently, they are way, way better than the US ones, and I need the corner lights to match. American ones do not fit with the European headlights. If anyone knows of any for sale, at a wrecker or whatever, I will pay for the cost plus what your time is worth to get them. Thanks.
MootsMan
Top Notch Member

Post by MootsMan »

It sounds like all of us frequent the salvage yards.....it's interesting to me to see all the different names we have for the same thing. Here in the south , it's always been the junkyard, sounds like up in Canada you call it the wreckers, i've heard salvage yard, on and on.

We should keep everybody informed of vechicles we see that have been scrapped ( did i spell that right ?), so if anybody needs parts, we would have our own network in place to find what we need. Right now, I'm needing the little plastic pop-off panel that goes on the left rear pillar just inside the hatch, that comes off to give you access to the turn signal bulb.
1984 Tercel 4wd Dlx. - 192K miles.
1985 Tercel 4wd SR5 - 185K miles (not running)
1986 Tercel 4wd Dlx - 210K miles (dd)

Only 3 to go for the whole set ! lol
Retroloc1
Advanced Member

Post by Retroloc1 »

Japanese and American main light are told to be the worst.
Ones because they just have traffic jams and dont need good beams. Other because they can't run flat out even if they have plenty of place.
Swedish light are told to be best (night quite all year long...)

I have euro light on my Tercel and they are quite as poor as my Pontiac's (euro lights also) ones. I had to add 6" spot Cibié to be able to drive comfortly.

The Pontiac has 2x55w low beam + 2x100w high beam (forbidden race bulbs) + 2x55w additional high beam but it's stilljust sufficient for the speed it can reach.

You can get euro lights for design if you please, but for efficiency, you'd better fit another complementary pair.