Ebay car

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
Guest_Hoosier_84_SR5

Post by Guest_Hoosier_84_SR5 »

GTSSportCoupe
Highest Ranking Member

Post by GTSSportCoupe »

Wow! The body is in amazing shape! It's the perfect opportunity to swap in a standard transmission.

Carlos, you should buy this one. Then swap the 6-speed transmission in from your current tercel.
Current:
91 LJ78 Landcruiser EX5
95 A32 Maxima SE
Former:
87 AW11 MR2 Smallport 4AGZE
93 Taurus SHO ATX
86 AL25 SR5 6spd 4wd
90 AE92 GTS
82 KP61 SR5
85 MX73
87 AE86 GTS 4AGZE
85 AE86 GTS
83 AL21
3A-C Power
Highest Ranking Member

Post by 3A-C Power »

I saw this car on Auto Trader - I guess it didn't sell there so they turned to ebay. If the bidding stays low and I can work out shipping, I might go for it. I don't need the transmission anyways.
tercel4wdrules
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: None

Post by tercel4wdrules »

GTSSportCoupe wrote: Carlos, you should buy this one. Then swap the 6-speed transmission in from your current tercel.
Yes I could, but the money. :( Damn it! :angry: I could beg grandma for money and drag it a good 391 miles. Then rip off the auto tranny and install a used 6spd trans for $295. I don't know but it would of been nice. 3A-C Power has the money and is looking for a mostly rust free body so he deserves it.
2015 Honda Fit EX "Malachi"
2001 Toyota Corolla CE "Eugene"
icE
Top Notch Member

Post by icE »

omg it's soooooooo CLEAN!!! and it has AC!! omG!! If you have a manual laying around, put it in there :) Perfect project car
tercel4wdrules
Highest Ranking Member

Post by tercel4wdrules »

It looks like that person really wanted it. I certainly wouldn't of have afforded it.
Thereminator
Top Notch Member

Post by Thereminator »

Carlos,I dont know why you would want that "auto" Tercel.I see SR5's all-the-time at the Jk~yard that have bodys in great-shape and would probably sell for around $200.They probably have "bad motors",but for another $350 can you say "Low-Mi 4A-C" ? :)
1984 SR5~Tercel 4wd-6.Spd<br><br>
tercel4wdrules
Highest Ranking Member

Post by tercel4wdrules »

Really? :huh: Have you seen any 87-88 SR5s? Salvage title though, right? Probably drive it to a state where salvage title doesn't exist and then clean title again. :) I would pick one up. Probably a cheaper solution than spending $1500 to 'freshen' up mine. My dad still is thinking about fixing it but is undecided.

On Thanksgiving day I met a mechanical engineer and I think that he might be able to help me on modifications for my Terc. He even offered that he was handy with tools so we can dismantle it in his driveway and if I bug him enough maybe we can tackle a 4A-FE swap and a turbo. :D

I probably wouldn't want the auto after hearing how slow the newer automatics are. That guy said they suck! He agreed that 200 horsepower should be adequate and definitely agrees that automatics on Tercels should be illegal. Not sure if it is possible on 4A-FE though.
3A-C Power
Highest Ranking Member

Post by 3A-C Power »

I wanted that car but it would be $2000 to get it shipped and it's winter now so I wouldn't get started on the body work and 4A-GE swap right away. I'll wait at least through this winter for something closer. I only need to go south, not west.
warbstrd
Top Notch Member

Post by warbstrd »

not to get off subject but???
I wouldn't get started on the body work and 4A-GE swap right away.
you are going to do a 4age swap?
maybe i ought to let you tackle this, then after you get yours going hire you to do my swap for a 12 pack.

dude still aint done with my flywheels....im buying a mig welder this week end. dont know what kind yet, but got some ideas from a friend of mine.
3A-C Power
Highest Ranking Member

Post by 3A-C Power »

Bad idea. I've been planning the swap for a year and still haven't done any work except for research. I'm just too damn tired after work to do anything. My plan is to get a rust free car, strip it and put the best undercoating and rust protection I can find on the floor and frame, repaint it in the factory two-tone, and do the 4A-GE swap before it's on the road.