WTB: some Tercel stuff :p

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
ludehawk

Post by ludehawk »

Well, I have a 2wd SW, so I'm pretty sure most of this stuff will work.

I'd like to get the tach console (the one with a tach) haha

I also noticed some other things I'd like... map lights, armrest (I haven't seen a picture of one though). I have the rear deck cover, cruise and the like.

I saw this pic on hornbeam's site...
does anyone know if the steering wheel's transfer? lol

thanks everyone!!!
GTSSportCoupe
Highest Ranking Member

Post by GTSSportCoupe »

Yup, the steering wheels do transfer. You could probably put one of many 80's toyot steering wheels into your tercel.

The rest of the stuff you would like also easily transfers from other tercels of the same vintage.

Try checking out your local wreckers for some of the parts you are looking for. Note that the map lights only come with the factory sunroof, and you can't really transfer that from one car to the next.
Current:
91 LJ78 Landcruiser EX5
95 A32 Maxima SE
Former:
87 AW11 MR2 Smallport 4AGZE
93 Taurus SHO ATX
86 AL25 SR5 6spd 4wd
90 AE92 GTS
82 KP61 SR5
85 MX73
87 AE86 GTS 4AGZE
85 AE86 GTS
83 AL21
3A-C Power
Highest Ranking Member

Post by 3A-C Power »

You can find pretty much anything at junkyards using http://www.car-part.com I found my factory cruise control switch that way and those are impossible to find.
ludehawk

Post by ludehawk »

i already requested those items... they quoted $200 for the guage cluster and armrest... and said the armrest wouldn't fit...
Gasoline Fumes
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Gasoline Fumes »

I don't even remember where that wheel came from. Celica maybe?

If anybody wants a 4WD knob like the one in the picture, my friend (HB's owner) has an extra one that I think he's willing to part with. It's from an old Subaru, but has the same threads as the Toyota.
Advanced Member

Post by Guest »

I don't know lol

also, was there an armrest option? (haha, why am I putting an armrest in.... all I want is a cupholder :P)
ludehawk

Post by ludehawk »

that was me too :( :P
3A-C Power
Highest Ranking Member

Post by 3A-C Power »

If you have a front wheel drive, there is a cupholder that fits. It came in the 87 and 88 front wheel drive wagons as well as the later model Tercels, but you need the trim piece from the wagon. Car-part.com has instrument panels for as low as $35.
sacwac
Top Notch Member

Post by sacwac »

Gasoline Fumes:

I'm interested in that 4wd shift knob. Is it faded at all? Mine sure is. I could use the extra shiny red 4wd bling bling.
Gasoline Fumes
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Gasoline Fumes »

I don't think it's faded, but I didn't take a close look at it. I'll try to get my friend to take a picture of it.
2wagons
Advanced Member

Post by 2wagons »

Hey 3A-C power,
Did you install your cruise control? If so what components did you use and from what year Tercel? I see Dug320 pulled one from a Corolla-Doug320 have you installed it ? Does anyone have info for OEM or aftermarket cruise controls for an 87 Wagon? Would love to add a cruise control to the beast.
“How did I get here, this is not my lifeâ€
3A-C Power
Highest Ranking Member

Post by 3A-C Power »

I have only installed the switch, which is the most important part. I measured the resistance between terminals of the actuator, and they match the specs in the Tercel manual, which leads me to believe it will work. I also compared the computer connections to those in the manual, and they look the same. The Corolla has a different actuator setup, where the throttle cable goes to an intermediate linkage containing the actuator, and then another cable goes from that to the throtle. This could be custom mounted somewhere using some flat bar, a hacksaw, vise grips and a drill, or one could order a Tercel actuator sourced on car-part.com for fairly cheap. The speed sensor, steering column switch and clutch switch can be used from other cars.
Gasoline Fumes
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Gasoline Fumes »

dug320
Top Notch Member

Post by dug320 »

3a-c power is right about actuator setup and the differences between the tercel and corolla. The spot on the corolla is the exact spot on the tercel where the engine fuse box is. If you look behind the box the mounting holes are present. On the corolla they have angled the battery and moved the fuse box closer to the front. I have not seen a tercel actuator but after looking at car-part.com and talking to a local yard with a unit, I might give it a try.

The cup holders from the 1987 wagon fit the other tercels. BUT, you need to get the box cover and the steel mounts. It will not fit with the stock radios and the small compartment is a gonner. You will also need to cut a piece to cover the gap between the radio and the bottom of the cover (I used to piece of black plastic from a VHS tape cover).

I have a cup holder and it is one of the best additions :D :D :D
ludehawk

Post by ludehawk »

yes, but where can I get all of that?!??!!?!? I have paypal and i'm not afraid to use it...