Rally shop in Ontario Canada

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
lesabre400
Advanced Member

Post by lesabre400 »

This is a shop here in Ontario Canada that specailizes in rally-prepping, but always has good deals on used tires, safety stuff, etc. Worth a look if you're in the area. Nothing for the Tercel specifically, but I'm going to get a pair of their mudflaps and see if they can fabricate a bracket for my 6" rally lights.

<a href='http://www.fourstarmotorsports.com' target='_blank'>http://www.fourstarmotorsports.com</a>
I almost look forward to winter now...
GTSSportCoupe
Highest Ranking Member

Post by GTSSportCoupe »

Cool! Thanks for the link. I almost bought a 89 Corolla 4wd Sedan a couple months ago for fairly cheap. I was tempted to make it into a rally car. It comes with a 4afe which can be swapped to one of the many more powerful 4age engines. It's also light with a strong 4wd system. Would have been fun had I had the time and money.
Current:
91 LJ78 Landcruiser EX5
95 A32 Maxima SE
Former:
87 AW11 MR2 Smallport 4AGZE
93 Taurus SHO ATX
86 AL25 SR5 6spd 4wd
90 AE92 GTS
82 KP61 SR5
85 MX73
87 AE86 GTS 4AGZE
85 AE86 GTS
83 AL21
3A-C Power
Highest Ranking Member

Post by 3A-C Power »

Thanks. By the way I live very close to you in Hamilton, Ontario. If you need any parts or other sorts of help, let me know.
lesabre400
Advanced Member

Post by lesabre400 »

Hey 3A-C,
Do you have a favourite junkyard out your way? There are a couple here and a couple in Perth county I like, but I imagine you have lots to choose from out there. One thing I always wish my Tercel came with was the 'inclinometer' 3-gauge cluster on the dash. My car is optionless (no pwr steering, no air, etc). I've seen them on ebay but they're expensive. There was a Tercel sitting in a yard near my folk's place, but it got towed before I could investigate.
3A-C Power
Highest Ranking Member

Post by 3A-C Power »

Have you been to Nicklin auto parts in Guelph? I found the place just over a year ago, and there were at least 10 Tercel wagons of different styles and years, but they have crushed most of them. Last time I was there, there were only a few wagons and all were front wheel drive. I got my air conditioning and inclinometer there. They are a good yard with good prices, just beware of the guy at the counter, he's a real dick sometimes. Act like you know exactly what you want, and make sure you aren't out in the yard past their closing time.

I don't know of many good wreckers, ones that will treat you like a human and let you into their yard, around here. Please let me know of any you know of, anywhere in the province.

I do have an extra inclinometer with a tan cover from an 84.
tercel4wdrules
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: None

Post by tercel4wdrules »

lesabre400 wrote: My car is optionless (no pwr steering, no air, etc).
Is your car in SR5 trim? If so that's pretty odd that it doesn't have it. I'm also guessing your car is an 83 or 84?
2015 Honda Fit EX "Malachi"
2001 Toyota Corolla CE "Eugene"
3A-C Power
Highest Ranking Member

Post by 3A-C Power »

Power steering, air and sunroof were still optional on the SR5. The big difference between base and sr5 is the seats and the tachometer, to me it's a world of difference. The wide side mouldings also look so much better.
lesabre400
Advanced Member

Post by lesabre400 »

Yep, it's an SR5, but the options stopped there, I think.

Hey 3A-C,
Perth Auto Dismantlers in Stratford is one of my favourites. The guys at the desk are reasonable and as cheerful as junkyard guys get. The don't mind you going out into the yard, and if it's just a pile of misc. trim bits or brackets, the bill's not much higher than $10. Check them out if you're in the area.

How much would you want for the inclinometer? My interior just happens to be tan...