looks like a good auction

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
FXjohn

Post by FXjohn »

<a href='http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... ename=WDVW' target='_blank'>http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... me=WDVW</a>

Good deal for someone in the pacific northwest, been a long time since I posted

JD_angola from the yahoo group
Juando
Advanced Member

Post by Juando »

holy crap...the parts car I have been dreaming about!!! And only an hour and a half from me!!! I am going to watch bid on that and seriously think about getting it. Just the fact that my driver side rear quarter has a bit of denting and I no longer have an extra low tranny..or a working front passenger window (falls out of its tracks if you try to roll it down) and other assorted little things, would make it worth it if in the end it's les than $300...might even just drop my rebuilt and all the engine stuff into it because it's body is in a lot better shape than my curent one.
them: so you're telling me your tercel has 1.5 liters...where as my pepsi has two?

me: yes, can you seat 5 people in your pepsi...and does it have 4WD? oh...my bad
3A-C Power
Highest Ranking Member

Post by 3A-C Power »

I saw it first.
Juando
Advanced Member

Post by Juando »

If you really want it..then ok. but I am still going to bid I think..have to discuss it with my dad because I would probly use his volvo to tow it if I won the bid. I am going to contact the seller and see if I can come up there this week and take a looksy before I bid.
them: so you're telling me your tercel has 1.5 liters...where as my pepsi has two?

me: yes, can you seat 5 people in your pepsi...and does it have 4WD? oh...my bad
3A-C Power
Highest Ranking Member

Post by 3A-C Power »

I expect to be bidding - this is the first really good deal I've seen since having money. Transportation will be the problem though - I'm 3000 miles away. If I can get the car for cheap enough, then I could maybe afford to get it shipped. If I win it, you can have the trans and whatever other parts for cheap. I just need the body shell.
dug320
Top Notch Member

Post by dug320 »

I promise not to bid on it even though it is 500 miles away.

I hope you get it for 100 bucks

Cheers
Juando
Advanced Member

Post by Juando »

lol..ok...you bid and buy, I will buy the trans off you....I will drive up there and take the trans off and load it in my car...you take the rest home...sounds good.

:D

3A-C Power
Highest Ranking Member

Post by 3A-C Power »

You'd better bid if you want it - I'm not sure I will. I could probably not get the time off work to pick up the car, and I haven't had any answers from the car transport companies I asked as to the price. I won't bid unless I'm sure I can follow through. If you want to work out a deal where you take the car since you're close, take all the parts off and then I pick up the rest of it when I can, I would be interested. But then if you go to the trouble you'll probably want the whole car.
Juando
Advanced Member

Post by Juando »

too late...oh well. I was only going to do it if it stayed under 200 bucks. and I actually would have been interested in just taking the parts I wanted if I had gotten it. there are a lot of small cosmetic things I want like turn signal and marker light covers along with other things (like the tranny) but $280 was just too rich for my blood. well..I didn't have $280, or it wouldn't have.

3A-C Power
Highest Ranking Member

Post by 3A-C Power »

Crap. I would have paid more for that car but I just couldn't have picked it up very soon. I guess I'll keep saving and eventually just pay to get something shipped.
arbskynxnex
Top Notch Member

Post by arbskynxnex »

Well I was the first loser on that one. But at least I made him pay more. :) I was going to rebuild the carb and then drive it. Looks like I'll stash an extra $50 and go to the auction and get a running one.
Pandas: Eats, shoots and leaves.
2manytoys4me

Post by 2manytoys4me »

arbskynxnex wrote: Well I was the first loser on that one. But at least I made him pay more. :) I was going to rebuild the carb and then drive it. Looks like I'll stash an extra $50 and go to the auction and get a running one.
Yeh !!! I got it . Pictures don't do it justice . It had some wiring issues and there was nothing wrong with the carb . Some one dumped some money into this at one time . new cyl head , timing belt . some dishonest mechanic fawked with the wiring and crossed the wires on the fan relay and shorted the fan motor and I bet that is why the new head got put on . It would only run for 2 min max then die . It was only making 12 volts at the battery . when I fixed the wiring and installed a new ignition swithch ( fried ) I got 14+ volts and the car ran great . I dropped the fuel tank and flush it out along with cleaning the pick up screen . this car does not smoke or use oil . someone took good care of it . it was last taged in 93 . they probley got pissed about throwing money at it (the wiring) as some idiot couldn't figure out the wiring problem along with the car not running . jeez part of the dash was pulled apart . you could see where some one tried to trace the wiring from the box under the hood all the way to the passenger side inside the car . I got a gem in the rough . thank's for not bidding enough guy's :lol: peace !!