front wheel hub

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
WeirdAl

Post by WeirdAl »

anyone know if these are the same between our 4wd's and the normal fwd's? I broke one of the wheel studs removing the lug nut, so I guess I'll be needing one (front right, I believe).
icE
Top Notch Member

Post by icE »

Not sure, i think they're the same. Anyone know if there's 13 inch rims i can put on my tercel? :lol: My car needs new shoes!
WeirdAl

Post by WeirdAl »

icE wrote: Not sure, i think they're the same. Anyone know if there's 13 inch rims i can put on my tercel? :lol: My car needs new shoes!
The '90 corolla 13" wheels fit for sure, so the '88-92 should fit. Heck, I picked up a '90 geo prizm (corolla) for $200 at a local auction... It's ugly, but I've put 20k+ miles on it and only put another $200 (or less) into it.... I'm using one of my tercel tires as an in trunk spare while the tercel is on jack stands
GTSSportCoupe
Highest Ranking Member

Post by GTSSportCoupe »

Weird Al:

You shouldn't have to replace the whole hub, you could just have a new stud pressed in. Out of curiousity, is your Geo Prizm the GSI model? If so it has a high-comp toyota made 4age engine. This is the version of the engine that is pretty rare now. If this is what you have, please take care of it. :P

icE:

You should get some aluminum 14" rims. Upgrade from your 13" steelies! I am putting 14" rims from a fwd Corolla GTS on my tercel. I think they'll work out really well, they are kind of tough to find. MR2 (first gen) alloy rims fit on too. Basically any rim with a fwd offset and a 4x100mm bolt pattern will fit fine. There are many many different kinds that will work. I'll take a pic of my wagon with the new wheels on next week. I think they'll suit it very well.
Current:
91 LJ78 Landcruiser EX5
95 A32 Maxima SE
Former:
87 AW11 MR2 Smallport 4AGZE
93 Taurus SHO ATX
86 AL25 SR5 6spd 4wd
90 AE92 GTS
82 KP61 SR5
85 MX73
87 AE86 GTS 4AGZE
85 AE86 GTS
83 AL21
WeirdAl

Post by WeirdAl »

GTSSportCoupe wrote: Weird Al:

You shouldn't have to replace the whole hub, you could just have a new stud pressed in. Out of curiousity, is your Geo Prizm the GSI model? If so it has a high-comp toyota made 4age engine. This is the version of the engine that is pretty rare now. If this is what you have, please take care of it. :P

icE:

You should get some aluminum 14" rims. Upgrade from your 13" steelies! I am putting 14" rims from a fwd Corolla GTS on my tercel. I think they'll work out really well, they are kind of tough to find. MR2 (first gen) alloy rims fit on too. Basically any rim with a fwd offset and a 4x100mm bolt pattern will fit fine. There are many many different kinds that will work. I'll take a pic of my wagon with the new wheels on next week. I think they'll suit it very well.
Cool, no, it's just the standard prizm.. I'd like to replace it with a corolla gts, though. The engine (4afe) is actually quite peppy, though... my clutch is slipping badly but before it was, it was very peppy and gives 30-33mpg driven hard.

There are lot's of nice mr2 alloys out there, I just knew that the prizm/corolla are the exact same specs (number stamped on the steel wheel, 13x7jj or whatever, don't recall off hand). Good to know there are lot's of options :D
GTSSportCoupe
Highest Ranking Member

Post by GTSSportCoupe »

I think the stock rims are 13"x4.5". Rated tire sizes are either 155/80R13 or 175/70R13. I'm not sure what the offset is.

If you upgrade to a 14" rim you have to go with a 185/60R14 to get the same outer diameter. Some go with a 195/60R14 which gives a bit of a larger outer diameter. I'm going with a 185/55R14 which will have a slightly smaller outer diameter. I don't really care as it will only affect my gearing by around 2%, and might even make the car feel like it accelerates faster :D . I think the AE92 and AW11 rims are 14"x5.5" with a 36mm offset. Haha! if the bolt pattern were the same as the pattern on my AE86, I'd put my 15"x7" 0mm offset Enkie meshes on just for fun!! That would look sick!
Current:
91 LJ78 Landcruiser EX5
95 A32 Maxima SE
Former:
87 AW11 MR2 Smallport 4AGZE
93 Taurus SHO ATX
86 AL25 SR5 6spd 4wd
90 AE92 GTS
82 KP61 SR5
85 MX73
87 AE86 GTS 4AGZE
85 AE86 GTS
83 AL21
3A-C Power
Highest Ranking Member

Post by 3A-C Power »

Yes, the front wheel drive hubs are identical. Just replace the stud though. Hubs are a pain in the ass to change because you need to mess with the front wheel bearings which have three press-fitted components.
WeirdAl

Post by WeirdAl »

Cool... I was actually going to grab the whole suspension piece, but I'll just have the stud pressed out and a new one pressed in, thanks!
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

Here is some wheel info.....................< moved to Repair Guides
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...