3a engine

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
arbskynxnex
Top Notch Member

Post by arbskynxnex »

Well since I've finished putting my new engine in, I have an old one sitting around. Anyone want it for FREE*? It has the valve cover, intake and exhaust manifolds, head, block, and misc parts from a 4alc. The motor does not have, the 3a fly wheel, timing cover, water pump housing, pulleys, and coolant pipes, it does however, have all these parts for the 4alc. It does not have a fuel pump or distributor.

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>* Free as in free, not sign a 2 yr cell phone contract to get a free phone and pay $50 a month for it. :D </span>
Pandas: Eats, shoots and leaves.
tercel4wdrules
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: None

Post by tercel4wdrules »

How much would shipping be to Los Angeles, California? Maybe I can make a good one out of 2?
2015 Honda Fit EX "Malachi"
2001 Toyota Corolla CE "Eugene"
arbskynxnex
Top Notch Member

Post by arbskynxnex »

I wouldn't be able to ship it with UPS or Fedex, the motor is too heavy. Unless you know of another company, I could meet you somewheres in Oregon since I live just up in Wa state.
Pandas: Eats, shoots and leaves.
Thereminator
Top Notch Member

Post by Thereminator »

Carlos,since you can buy a complete,low~Mi Jap engine for $350(including taxes),I would think(unless the block has extreamly low Miles)that it wouldnt be worth much effort.I would strip all the re~useable periferals and "deem" the remaining blk the newest member of the Jk~yard~boat~anchor~society. :)
1984 SR5~Tercel 4wd-6.Spd<br><br>
tercel4wdrules
Highest Ranking Member

Post by tercel4wdrules »

You know come to think about it, it might just not be worth it since you can get a used 4A-FE for as low as $250! I think that that is because it was available in so many cars- Corollas, Celicas, Geo Prisms, and who knows what else. Fuel injection would be a problem. I just what to go the 4A-LC way when I get some money :( . I really want those 74 horses and to improve that maybe I should throw in a Holley carburetor and turbo! :D Well, we'll see what happens. I'm back in school and I have twice as much work to do, but I'll post once and a while. Chula Vista wreckers have a lot of engines and other parts to offer so one day I have to check those out and Alan will help me, right? :)
Thereminator
Top Notch Member

Post by Thereminator »

No problem Carlos,and Im shure paying for the motor and related cost will be easy because of all the part~time work you've been doing,right? B)
1984 SR5~Tercel 4wd-6.Spd<br><br>
tercel4wdrules
Highest Ranking Member

Post by tercel4wdrules »

Yes it will be, but I don't know when. :( It looks like your pretty good at fixing your own Tercel so can't we form a Tercel engine installation club instead of the engine rebuild party? Anyway, I will need you help when choosing an engine that way I don't go into the mistake into buying a garbage-to-boot engine like it has right now. I can it imagine it now. B)