83 wagon free

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
2wagons
Advanced Member

Post by 2wagons »

Hello, I have an 83 wagon. It has around 300k miles, hard to remember, owned it since 87. Took a branch through the windshield and my wife wants it gone.. now :( . Could rebuild it but I've decided to concentrate on my 87 wagon. Anyway, it is free to anyone who wants it. I live in Virginia. 83 Deluxe, manual 5 speed with EL gear, manual steering, good interior parts, lot of rust, I have taken a few emission component to use in my 87 wagon, box of spare parts. Was getting 30-35 mpg. A local junkyard will take it so I can always get parts :) ( at least until the crusher comes). Speak up my- spouse really wants me to get rid of it....
“How did I get here, this is not my lifeâ€
tercel4wdrules
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: None

Post by tercel4wdrules »

Ahh Man!! I have some relatives over there in Virginia but they probably wouldn't want to take it for me and it's a mighty Deluxe with no tachometer and no power steering. Oh well. :unsure: :( And I also have mine to cry about. :D
2015 Honda Fit EX "Malachi"
2001 Toyota Corolla CE "Eugene"
2wagons
Advanced Member

Post by 2wagons »

Well, I took the 83 to the salvage yard today :( . I thought I would have to tow it but it actually started. This was amazing considering that it had not run for several months and I pulled the alternater, air bleed valve, charcoal canister and assorted valves, broke off the TVSV completely ( while trying to remove it) and left all the vacuum hoses hanging, cut off most of the muffler, two flat tires, shattered windshield.... I drove the car about 3 miles to the salvage yard, it sounded like a tank but it got there :D. These cars just won't die!
“How did I get here, this is not my lifeâ€
GTSSportCoupe
Highest Ranking Member

Post by GTSSportCoupe »

Sad that it went to the wreckers, but proud that it still ran in that sort of shape! These cars are unreal!
Current:
91 LJ78 Landcruiser EX5
95 A32 Maxima SE
Former:
87 AW11 MR2 Smallport 4AGZE
93 Taurus SHO ATX
86 AL25 SR5 6spd 4wd
90 AE92 GTS
82 KP61 SR5
85 MX73
87 AE86 GTS 4AGZE
85 AE86 GTS