Going To The Crusher 4/13/07

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
bcheesy

Going To The Crusher 4/13/07

Post by bcheesy »

Attention Pacific Northwest: What looked to be '86 4WD Wagon is going to the crusher on Friday the 13th. Right now it is at Bend Auto Wreckers, 645154 N. Highway 97, Bend OR. If you call Carlton at (541) 389-5890 he will probably work with you and get parts off of it. Sorry for the short notice but I just found out about it today.
Bryan
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Not to be facetious, but the procedure you mention and the date involved would seem to be the basis for a T4WD owner's nightmare - at least the contact's first name is not Jason ...
:shock: :twisted: :shock:
Seriously, Welcome to the Club and thanks for the sharp observation!
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
bcheesy

Post by bcheesy »

Thanks for the welcome. I realized the crushing irony as I was typing it.
Bryan
mailman
Advanced Member

Post by mailman »

brian, just called and talked to Carlton, was going to pull the ring and pinion out of the differential for me. hope things go well for him. the mailman
bcheesy

Post by bcheesy »

Well that is good news. I hope things go well too. If I had a place to park it, I think Carlton may have given me the whole car.
Bryan
mailman
Advanced Member

Post by mailman »

Bryan, what was wrong with the car from keeping it from being a driver. the Mailman
bcheesy

Post by bcheesy »

I don't know, and Carlton didn't know either. It looked like it had sat for a while on somebody's property and that somebody got sick of it being there and off it went. I am just speculating though. I got some minor parts off of it like mud-flaps, floor mats, a couple of lenses, air-cleaner fasteners...hopefully the windshield. It was definetly cherished by somebody at some point. Rear suspension was solid, car looked to be 98% complete at least before I got to it, and it had some good tires on it, although they obviously had been sitting as well. The keys were in it. If I were the yard, I would not be sending it to the crusher. I don't think they know what they are sitting on, but if there is enough interest maybe they will hold on to it.
Bryan
mailman
Advanced Member

Post by mailman »

sad, well at least you got some parts. i know the ring and pinion out of the front differential isn't easy to get out. wish i was closer. i'm about 6 hours away. the mailman
bcheesy

Post by bcheesy »

It is sad. I am glad I could help though. I will let you know if anything changes.
Bryan