Junkyard mahem!!!!

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
Fingers
Top Notch Member

Post by Fingers »

Hey everybody,

This wekend my local U-Wrench-It salvage yard is having one of their nutty sales - All you can carry for 29 bucks. Crazy, but true. I have a crew of friends prepared just for this trip.

Now the last few times I have been there, there were no 4wd wagons, but a few FWD wagons. So, I am wondering if there is anything anyone might need, in case there is anything there for the pickings. I'm already gonna pull a tranny for my camry, and wheels and tires are a must. Hell, if there is a manual wagon in there, I will grab the whole damn drivetrain. But any interior or odds and end pieces for anyone might be availiable. This also applies to other vehicles, but please keep it to foreign, the cars are organized by make or origin, and the us made sections are HUGE! Just hit up this post, and I will look for anything listed!

We can figure out shipping and such later if I am successful!

Wish me luck!
86 Tercel Wagon 4WD, 4AC, 3sp Auto. (2) 89 Corolla GT-S, 4AGE. 87 Corolla GT-S, 4AGE, SOLD! 68 Mustang Fastback, 351c.i.=>429c.i., 3 Speed Manual, 10 Year Plan. 66 Mustang GT350, 289c.i., 4 Speed Manual, SOLD!

Helliphino.com
GTSSportCoupe
Highest Ranking Member

Post by GTSSportCoupe »

If you could find me an 85-87 Toyota Corolla GTS (AE86) LSD (limited slip differential), I'd be eternally grateful. I'd also pay you decently for it. The one from the 86-87 generation is preferable for me, but I'd take one from an 85 too. I'll even take it if it has really high kms. You can tell if the car has an LSD if you see an axle code of 283 under the hood. If you see 282, it is just a normal differential; don't worry about it.

It's probably too much of a pain in the ass for you to bother with though, and I guess the chances of you finding one are slim. It's worth a try though. ;)

Thanks and good luck! Don't break your back by strapping an engine to it!
Current:
91 LJ78 Landcruiser EX5
95 A32 Maxima SE
Former:
87 AW11 MR2 Smallport 4AGZE
93 Taurus SHO ATX
86 AL25 SR5 6spd 4wd
90 AE92 GTS
82 KP61 SR5
85 MX73
87 AE86 GTS 4AGZE
85 AE86 GTS
83 AL21
tercel4wdrules
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: None

Post by tercel4wdrules »

I would really appreciate it if you could get me a wingnut, air cleaner assembly with the 2 bolts, and a VSV (Vacuum Switching Valve) I would be thankful. The shipping will be a pain though. That's if you find a Tercel.
2015 Honda Fit EX "Malachi"
2001 Toyota Corolla CE "Eugene"
warbstrd
Top Notch Member

Post by warbstrd »

I went to the toyota parts people yesterday and gave them the part number of the ring and pinion gear to change the lsd i have to 4.1 (its currently 4.3 from my corolla gts parts car).....$495.00 WOW. then (according to club4ag) the OEM lsd is not very good, well it is good, but with high miles on it it aint.

quoted from club4ag "the factory LSD has had thousands of miles of use and have degraded to nothing much than that. Since overhauling an LSD costs a lot of money and lots of skill and time for a weekend mechanic, this is where the consideration of the aftermarket units comes into consideration"

so, $500.00 US dollars for a new ring gear to change ratios from 4.3 to 4.1 then $800.00 US dollars for a kusco lsd....$1300.00 to have a LSD in the rear end of my tercel.....hmmmmm is it REALLY worth it ????????
Thereminator
Top Notch Member

Post by Thereminator »

That might be a Real Good question,Right about now,War! Hey,does Holy make a two~barrel that would work on 3-ac's? ;)
1984 SR5~Tercel 4wd-6.Spd<br><br>
tercel4wdrules
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: None

Post by tercel4wdrules »

Thereminator wrote: That might be a Real Good question,Right about now,War! Hey,does Holy make a two~barrel that would work on 3-ac's? ;)
I saw a Holly carb which was pretty expensive on carparts.com in the Tercel section.
2015 Honda Fit EX "Malachi"
2001 Toyota Corolla CE "Eugene"
Fingers
Top Notch Member

Post by Fingers »

I'll keep my eyes open, anything else?

Everytime I go, I always seem to forget something small. It took me 4 trips before I remembered the grommits for the bottom of the radiator. Still need to remember one of the wiring loom brackets.
86 Tercel Wagon 4WD, 4AC, 3sp Auto. (2) 89 Corolla GT-S, 4AGE. 87 Corolla GT-S, 4AGE, SOLD! 68 Mustang Fastback, 351c.i.=>429c.i., 3 Speed Manual, 10 Year Plan. 66 Mustang GT350, 289c.i., 4 Speed Manual, SOLD!

Helliphino.com
Thereminator
Top Notch Member

Post by Thereminator »

Junk~yard dogg'in is my favorite sport,Fingers! If its easy~to~remove,expencive to replace and not to hard to cary...ITS~MINE :D! I also try to cary my tools in a hands~free waist~pouch and mabey use old gym~bags so your shoulders handle most of the weight.Dont foget sunglases,sunscreen and water if its a hot~day. Have fun!!! :)
1984 SR5~Tercel 4wd-6.Spd<br><br>