1985 wagon (2WD) parts!

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
Smalleddy
My tercel:: 1986 tercel wagon (2wd)

1985 wagon (2WD) parts!

Post by Smalleddy »

Going to scrap the car so I wanted to see if anyone needed any of the parts first! I can sell for a nominal price, just for the time it takes me to remove the part plus the shipping. Let me know what you need and I can tell you what kind of condition it’s in/ send photos! Thanks tercel crew!
xirdneh
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 87 tercel 4x4 wagon w/reringed engine, 83 tercel 4x4 wagon w/salvaged engine and 4.1 Diff's

Re: 1985 wagon (2WD) parts!

Post by xirdneh »

Should take manual tranny apart and save synchros , 4th gear, 5th gears and main idler
Love those Tercell 4x4 wagons but they sure suffer from road noise.
MrWrench
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1985 Tercel SR5. aka Spud

Post by MrWrench »

How are the front orange lenses? Both the set in the bumper and the set by the headlights?

Where are you located? What all is wrong with the car?
1984 SR5. Lifted offroader with a snorkel. Aka "Thunderbucket"
1985 SR5. Daily driver. Aka "Spud"
1986 SR5. Dakar Rally clone build.
Smalleddy

Post by Smalleddy »

I can send you some photos if you’d like, the bumper set is intact but the set by the headlights has one that got smashed unfortunately (the passenger side one).

It’s got a blown head gasket unfortunately. Other than that it seems to run well, it was out sitting in a field for 6 years when I bought it, started right up with a new battery and some fuel. If it weren’t for the head gasket issue I’d take it as a project but I’ve already started parting it for my daily driver.
Smalleddy

Post by Smalleddy »

Oh sorry and I’m on a southern gulf island in ‘canada’ so Pacific Northwest.
Smalleddy

Post by Smalleddy »

xirdneh wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:39 am Should take manual tranny apart and save synchros , 4th gear, 5th gears and main idler
Could this be done by a moderately amateur DIYer? If so I will!
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Post by dlb »

Smalleddy wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:55 am Oh sorry and I’m on a southern gulf island in ‘canada’ so Pacific Northwest.
Which Gulf Island are you on? I'm in the Cowichan Valley so not too far from you.

It's funny because growing up around here, I always thought of Tercel wagons as the quintessential Gulf Island car -- cheap, practical, durable. I used to see hippies driving them on the islands all the time. Not many left now though, sadly. Seems like various Subaru wagons have become the wagon of choice for the islands now.
Smalleddy

Post by Smalleddy »

dlb wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:14 pm
Smalleddy wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:55 am Oh sorry and I’m on a southern gulf island in ‘canada’ so Pacific Northwest.
Which Gulf Island are you on? I'm in the Cowichan Valley so not too far from you.

It's funny because growing up around here, I always thought of Tercel wagons as the quintessential Gulf Island car -- cheap, practical, durable. I used to see hippies driving them on the islands all the time. Not many left now though, sadly. Seems like various Subaru wagons have become the wagon of choice for the islands now.

I’m on Mayne!! That’s funny, what a small world. The cowichan valley is beautiful! Just drove through there in my operational tercel recently. I’ve had the same thought, (I mean other than being the perfect car generally) tercels are the perfect coastal/island car. Subarus are alright but they don’t hold a candle to my dear tercel. Plus my partner is 5 feet tall and the tercel is the only car from the 80’s she can reach the pedals in! Haha
MrWrench
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1985 Tercel SR5. aka Spud

Post by MrWrench »

Wish you were closer! I'd love to buy the car, road trip it home and do the head gasket so it can live on. Unfortunately I don't believe I can get into Canada still.
1984 SR5. Lifted offroader with a snorkel. Aka "Thunderbucket"
1985 SR5. Daily driver. Aka "Spud"
1986 SR5. Dakar Rally clone build.
Toyota
My tercel:: 1987 Toyota Tercel 2WD

Post by Toyota »

Smalleddy wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:56 pm Going to scrap the car so I wanted to see if anyone needed any of the parts first! I can sell for a nominal price, just for the time it takes me to remove the part plus the shipping. Let me know what you need and I can tell you what kind of condition it’s in/ send photos! Thanks tercel crew!
Hi,

Do you have the brake booster?

Thanks