No more clutch in France

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
Tercel Marseille
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1987

No more clutch in France

Post by Tercel Marseille »

Hello everybody,

it's been a long long time since I write with you. I always got my 1988 tercel 4wd
Apparently there is no more clutch kit in France for our cars. A friend of mine look for it long time ago but it seems impossible to find it In our country.
Can somebody help us ?
Sorry for the mistakes, i hope you understand my message.
Thanks.

Julien Del Bucchia
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Re: No more clutch in France

Post by dlb »

Wow, nice to have an old school member pop by here.

We are still able to get clutch kits here in North America. I suppose someone here could get one and mail it to you, but if there is a member in the UK or some other closer country that would probably save a lot on shipping. I can think of a handful of UK members who might be work checking in with but if all else fails, I could help you out.
AugustusFerdinand
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1983 Toyota Tercel SR5

Post by AugustusFerdinand »

It appears RockAuto does international shipping, so you can purchase one from there. I also found several sellers on eBay that ship internationally as well.
1983 Toyota Tercel SR5 - 7AGE swap in progress
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Post by Mattel »

Hi Julien old friend, if you need one posted from Australia just get in touch. there are a few on ebay. like https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Clutch-Indu ... 3449308363 all the best!
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
slimdude85
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 1981 Toyota Tercel

Post by slimdude85 »

You should be able to get all the components from https://partsouq.com/en/catalog/genuine/locate?c=Toyota . They’re located in Dubai. You can also put your VIN into their catalog and look up parts using the factory pictures. They don’t list a complete kit, but you can select the clutch disc, pressure plate, release bearing, and pilot bearing all separately. According to their website, you should be able to piece it all together and get it shipped to France for around €100. While it will have to cross the Mediterranean, it wouldn’t have to cross an ocean. I used them once and got my package in 2 days, and I’m in the middle of the US.
Do not be afraid of sudden fear nor of the onslaught of the wicked when it comes; For the LORD will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being caught.
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭3:25-26

I have learned to kiss the wave that slams me into the Rock of Ages. -C.H. Spurgeon
Tercel Marseille
Top Notch Member

Thanks for yours answers ! Toi are the bests :wink:
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

in the USA, at least in the larger cities, there are places that will take your old clutch and rebuilt it with new components.

you might see if there are places like that in the EU.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
Tercel Marseille
Top Notch Member

Thanks !