AE86 & AE82 Corolla parts swapping to AL25 Tercels?

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
Kozuto_98
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1987 SR5 Wagon

Re: AE86 & AE82 Corolla parts swapping to AL25 Tercels?

Post by Kozuto_98 »

Ok cool!

I know heim joints are popular with custom parts in the Jeep world so I might give them a try.
Pretty much every bushing in my T4 is worn out so I've been interested in in trying them. From what I've seen they're not the best for daily driving because they transfer more vibrations into the cab.
1987 Tercel Wagon SR5 4WD
1998 Honda Accord Coupe V6 J35 swap
1997 Acura CL (Sold for 4A-GE money)
RIP 2016 Civic (wrist pin recall)
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Re: AE86 & AE82 Corolla parts swapping to AL25 Tercels?

Post by Petros »

it is not only harsh and noisy, they will wear out rather quickly too. the more costly fully sealed ones are better, but still not as durable as the factory rubber bushings.

actually quality rubber bushings will last a long time if properly installed, like 200k miles, no reason to change it unless you want to fix some other issue, for a daily driver the factory rubber bushing is usually best.

if you are having suspension problems you need to fix those first before doing any mods, mods may introduce other problems. so make sure all the bushings, bearings, rod ends, ball joints and other parts are all in good condition (or replace them), have the alignment checked/corrected, verify you have matching tires, and than see if you think you need to go to heim joints. start with the suspension is functioning properly first. you may go to the trouble of going to costly heim joints, and find out you still have the problem you wanted to fix. always diagnose the problem first, but for you try and fix it. only go to mods and upgrades after you have it running properly, so you can compare if you actually improved it or not.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)