Air Conditioning

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
Thereminator
Top Notch Member

Post by Thereminator »

I realy like the two settings on my air,a low setting allows for energy conservation.Go to the junk-yards,Ice,I have two compleate settups at one yard I go too.Hey,not to be picky but shouldnt this be a general or tech topic,I thought someone was selling an Air Conditioning unit.
1984 SR5~Tercel 4wd-6.Spd<br><br>
3A-C Power
Highest Ranking Member

Post by 3A-C Power »

Can you tell the difference between regular and econo? I can't. I think the system isn't cooling as much as it should, so the temperature sensor never tells it to stop cooling. Last summer there was a period of a week when it cooled so well that you would freeze, and then the evaporator core would get filled with ice and we would have to turn it off until the ice melted. It must have been the high humidity combined with such low temperatures. Most of the time it's not exceptionally cold. I'm thinking of replacing the receiver drier and the expansion valve since i've heard those are things you should replace.
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

My AC works...wonders of wonders. Econ with my car cycles the compressor on and off and cools less than the other setting which seems to run it all the time. I added some R12 to mine and also unfortunately lost some due to a sticking valve...but it is filled now I think.

With my AC, I have to be careful to set it up right first before turning it on...or it will malfunction. Have to have the Hot to Cool lever set on Cool and NOT move it to Hot at any time during use. If I don't mess with this setting during the warm months it does real well. Usually run mine on Econ...cools OK, but not great...not complaining though...does slow the car down.

I wouldn't mess with it if you can get it to work half decently.
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

Thereminator
Top Notch Member

Post by Thereminator »

I think mine works like the normal stock set-up.Im happy with it,and with this type of mechinism,Im sticking to Factory-Specs.No Dashboard-Voodoo for this kid (knock-on-wood!). ;)
1984 SR5~Tercel 4wd-6.Spd<br><br>