Camber adjusting cam

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
Post Reply
User avatar
Top Notch Member
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:39 pm
My tercel:: 1986 SR5 / 1987 SR5
Location: OKC

Camber adjusting cam

Post by JDNightFox » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:57 pm

My driver side is missing what the service manual calls the "camber adjusting cam" and I would like to get another one but I'm having a hard time finding it online

is it called something else when buying a new one? Where can I get one?

User avatar
Highest Ranking Member
Posts: 781
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:22 pm
My tercel:: 1985 Tercel SR5, stock; 1987 T4WD DLX wagon, manual tranny
Location: North Coastal California

Re: Camber adjusting cam

Post by garyfish » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:23 pm

is this what you're looking for? ... Sw1Fdch0br

for some reason, this doesn't really look like the camber-adjustment bolt assembly I have on my '87 T4WD
1985 Tercel SR5 4WD wagon, 300K
1987 Tercel DLX 4WD wagon, 6-speed manual, 260K -- got this one running Jan. 2015 (had been sitting for 2 years); this has been my daily driver since 2016

User avatar
Top Notch Member
Posts: 115
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:42 pm
My tercel:: 1981 Toyota Tercel w/ 7age

Re: Camber adjusting cam

Post by SirFoxx » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:37 pm

That looks like a universal kit. The original is a collar that slides into one of the bolt holes on the shock, and has a lobe to adjust the camber.

This place seems like they can still get them. # 48194 and 48198A in the pictures ... evel=18421
1988 DLX Tercel Wagon w/ weber (RIP)
1985 4wd Tercel SR5 (RIP)
1981 Toyota Tercel

User avatar
Top Notch Member
Posts: 343
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:32 am
My tercel:: 1986 DLX 4wd Wagon "Jenny"

Re: Camber adjusting cam

Post by LowBuckCanuck » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:09 pm

I've heard them referred to as an "eccentric washer" or something along those lines... "eccentric spacer" maybe?

Post Reply