ISO front differential with mounts for 83-84

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
Shanemt
My tercel:: 1983 sr5 4wd wagon

Re: ISO front differential with mounts for 83-84

Post by Shanemt »

Petros wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:12 am you need to number the pictures, too many to address with clairity.

but those bolts: small ones look like oil pan bolts (should be 10mm), or used to hold on sheet metal parts or brakets. the short one with the round washer looks like the one that hold the heater tube to the bell housine where it connets to the heater core nipples on the fire wall (it goes straight back into the bell housing through the black sheet metal shield), it is easy to forget to put that one in, it is under the fuel pump. The larger one could be used for holding starter motor (requires two), and the large nut appears to be the nut that holds in the input/pinion shaft on the diff. if you replace the assembly, you do not need it. a similar nut is used on the outboard end of the CV axle, with a cotter pin. if you replaced the axles usually you get new nuts, and you will not need this one.

that bent up sheet metal bracket like thing is a gravel shield that goes over the center driveshaft bearing mount. it uses the same (14mm) bolts that holds on the carrier bearing assembly. it is not really needed, they put it there to keep gravel from getting on the rubber mount and possibly damaging the bearing.

the air filter assembly gets rubber grommets, you can buy after market generic ones from the auto parts store. I have used the large rubber washers with the sheet metal cap used on the valve cover in these locations (I use the old stiff ones on the air filter, that leak oil, after I replaced them with new soft ones).

there should be two or three wires on the trans, 83-84 has a reverse light connection, and a "4wd" indicator light that is up on the dash when the 4wd is engaged. "85 and newer has there, plus one that lights up EL on the dash when you are in extra low gear.

Most of the empty holes on the bell housing and engine block are unused, not part of our installation.
Petros you’re the man! Think I finally got it all figured out except for what bolt goes in the lower hole of the driver side transmission mount? Forgot to mention the transmission I bought came with a few extra parts and pieces still bolted to it so was just sorting it all out trying to see if I forgot anything. One of the open wires I was wondering about was for a/c which my car doesn’t have and the other was for the engine oil the connects down on the side of the engine.