WTS: Original Toyota Radio/Cassette Player

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
jimijuma

WTS: Original Toyota Radio/Cassette Player

Post by jimijuma »

Hey Guys,

I am replacing the original Toyota radio with an aftermarket unit. It is in great shape, everything seems to work. Let me know if someone happens to be interested. Thanks.
The Professor
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1987 Tercel SR5 4WD wagon

Re: WTS: Original Toyota Radio/Cassette Player

Post by The Professor »

Which version of the original stereo is this? Mine seems to be failing, it's the double-din stereo/cassette player.
1975 Subaru SuperStar wagon
1984 Subaru Turbo-Traction wagon & hardtop
1987 Subaru RX 3-door
1987 Subaru RX Type-RA 3-door
1987 Toyota Tercel SR5 wagon
1999 Subaru Forester S
2002 Subaru WRX sedan
2019 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited
jimijuma

Post by jimijuma »

The Professor wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:15 am Which version of the original stereo is this? Mine seems to be failing, it's the double-din stereo/cassette player.
Yes, double-din AM/FM/Cassette player.
The Professor
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1987 Tercel SR5 4WD wagon

Post by The Professor »

Sent you a PM.
1975 Subaru SuperStar wagon
1984 Subaru Turbo-Traction wagon & hardtop
1987 Subaru RX 3-door
1987 Subaru RX Type-RA 3-door
1987 Toyota Tercel SR5 wagon
1999 Subaru Forester S
2002 Subaru WRX sedan
2019 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited
Hteverow
My tercel:: 1986 SR5

Post by Hteverow »

jimijuma wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:03 am Hey Guys,

I am replacing the original Toyota radio with an aftermarket unit. It is in great shape, everything seems to work. Let me know if someone happens to be interested. Thanks.
What are your thoughts on the aftermarket unit you replaced it with? I need to upgrade as well, preferably to something with a Bluetooth connection.
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Post by dlb »

Hteverow wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:16 pm
jimijuma wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:03 am Hey Guys,

What are your thoughts on the aftermarket unit you replaced it with? I need to upgrade as well, preferably to something with a Bluetooth connection.
I've installed new stereos in virtually every car I've owned. Some have Bluetooth and some don't use that feature so I can't comment on it, however I can say that all the various major brands (JVC, Sony, Panasonic, Pioneer, etc) have all been fine, no complaints. The only brand I've had a bad experience with is Blaupunkt. I just bought a '91 Corolla wagon and the previous owner bought the cheapest car stereo with Bluetooth he could find on Amazon, and it's so terrible that I'm going to replace it even though it's new. The light from the screen is blinding and you can't adjust it, it's just either on or off. The stereo seems to malfunction and shut down randomly sometimes too. No support online either, the only manual for it on the Blaupunkt website is a single page thing that tells you how to turn it on and off. I looked up reviews and others had similar complaints so I suggest any of the major brands.