'86 2WD DLX Tercel wagon added to wrecking yard in Vancouver, WA on 6/15/2019

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
garyfish
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 Tercel SR5, stock; 1987 T4WD DLX wagon, manual tranny

'86 2WD DLX Tercel wagon added to wrecking yard in Vancouver, WA on 6/15/2019

Post by garyfish »

https://row52.com/Vehicle/Index/JT2AL32V4G3626917

one photo provided, but it's kinda from a bad angle so you really can't tell much about the overall vehicle... although it does appear that it was probably garaged for much of its life due to the near-pristine looking body panels, windshield trim, etc.

plus... it's got a hood scoop!
1985 Tercel SR5 4WD wagon, 300K
1987 Tercel DLX 4WD wagon, 6-speed manual, 274K -- got this one running Jan. 2015 (had been sitting for 2 years); this has been my daily driver since 2016
dispater
My tercel:: 1988 toyota sr5 4wd 6sp, weber carb

Re: '86 2WD DLX Tercel wagon added to wrecking yard in Vancouver, WA on 6/15/2019

Post by dispater »

just pulled the wheels off this thing. it's in shockingly good condition, i took some photos, will upload when im home on wifi. motor has been pulled but the transmission is still there, it's the FWD 5 speed. i also took the radio cover but a lot of stuff is still there!
dispater

Re: '86 2WD DLX Tercel wagon added to wrecking yard in Vancouver, WA on 6/15/2019

Post by dispater »

here's the pictures i got
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
garyfish
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 Tercel SR5, stock; 1987 T4WD DLX wagon, manual tranny

Post by garyfish »

thanks for posting those photos

engine was probably taken because it looks like a low-mileage wagon, or at least one that was well-cared-for... I'd be curious to know what the odometer reading is

those front seats are definitely not stock and look to be in excellent condition... they might be worth grabbing

lots of good body parts up for grabs there too
1985 Tercel SR5 4WD wagon, 300K
1987 Tercel DLX 4WD wagon, 6-speed manual, 274K -- got this one running Jan. 2015 (had been sitting for 2 years); this has been my daily driver since 2016
BaileySims
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1983 Tercel SR5 4WD

Post by BaileySims »

Never in my days have I seen someone pull a motor and disconnect everything like that. Around here, people pull motors with knives and hack saws. What a gentleman.
WAGON MAFIA.
Blood, sweat and beers.
dispater

Post by dispater »

i know, i was shocked at how politely everything had been removed. we're truly a community 😂

the radio housing i needed was neatly taken off and the screws stored in the console bucket, somebody had already grabbed the radio.
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

many will just wreck the parts they do not want. I always try and be considerate, and if I remove parts I will not be buying I leave them in an obivous place for someone else (saved them from having to remove them).

some years ago I had two first gen CRX two seaters, one a parts car, I was building one up for my daughter. they came with ABS plastic front fenders, very light, but as they age they get brittle and any little impact results in shatter plastic, almost impossible to repair. everyone with one of these early little Hondas looks for good front fenders, otherwise you get to sculpt out repairs with fiberglass cloth and bondo. One really clean body CRX showed up at the local pick and pull, I got to it the first day it was on their inventory. Some selfish jackass who wanted the head light assemblies put a claw hammer at the front of the perfect plastic fenders and ripped off the front 6" of the fender to expose the headlight assembly mounting bolts. I could not believe it. I hated that jackass no matter what his logic was. destroyed likely the only two perfect fenders in the state.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)