LH Parking/Clearance lamp

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
escher
My tercel:: 1988 white 4WD, just beginning to tinker

LH Parking/Clearance lamp

Post by escher »

Hi all!

New to the forum, but not to the Tercel love. Recently got my second (first had an unfortunate wheel bearing incident, but holds a dear place in my heart) and want to start cleaning it up a bit.

It's really in pretty good cosmetic shape aside from the driver side parking lamp being busted. While the bulb is still intact and works, I have been looking for a new assembly and been having a hard time.

Does anyone happen to have one sitting around they would be willing to sell or have an alternative?

Thanks!
My Tercels will all be named Studs after my G'ma thought I was talking about Studs Terkel when I told her my car was a Toyota Tercel.

Studs (1988 4WD, Blue w/ plaid) 2012-2014
Studs II (Placeholder name for a film editing machine I got shortly after the death of Studs) *not a Tercel
Studs III (1988 4WD, White) 2017- :D
Studs IV (1987 4WD, Gray) 2019- :o
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Re: LH Parking/Clearance lamp

Post by Petros »

if your T4wd uses the composite headlamp, it has a marker light common to only the '87-88 model years. Hard to find since Toyota was already phasing out that model of Tercel.

you might go buy a lens repair kit from the Auto parts store and see if you can rebuild it so it is acceptable until you can locate a replacement. The kit has flexible plastic panels of amber and red to use to patch broken marker/indicator lights. Used one on a Pathfinder I used to own and you could hardly notice the repair.

Good luck.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
escher
My tercel:: 1988 white 4WD, just beginning to tinker

Re: LH Parking/Clearance lamp

Post by escher »

Thanks for the tip, that should be a good placeholder.
My Tercels will all be named Studs after my G'ma thought I was talking about Studs Terkel when I told her my car was a Toyota Tercel.

Studs (1988 4WD, Blue w/ plaid) 2012-2014
Studs II (Placeholder name for a film editing machine I got shortly after the death of Studs) *not a Tercel
Studs III (1988 4WD, White) 2017- :D
Studs IV (1987 4WD, Gray) 2019- :o