1984 Rear Diff/Axle Assembly trade for '85

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
jmoore
My tercel:: 1985 Tercel 4WD SR5 1983 Tercel 4wd SR5

1984 Rear Diff/Axle Assembly trade for '85

Post by jmoore »

Hey guys, I am new to the forum. I just bought an 85 4wheel drive tercel that has an 84 transmission in it. From my research on this site, most of us are familiar with the gearing differences so currently My wagon is only operable with front wheel drive. I have taken the drive shaft out to save myself potential headaches. Does anyone know where to get a 3.73:1 differential assembly to match the front? Or is there anyone who wants to trade/sell rear axles?
I also have many other spares if you wish to trade CV axles, radiators, AC units plastics, ask and I may have it.
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Re: 1984 Rear Diff/Axle Assembly trade for '85

Post by Petros »

welcome to the forum!

where are you located? watch your local picknpulls or other self service wrecking yards for the correct year T4wd to show up. Usually the rear diffs are in good condition, they are very durable and in the Tercel4wd hardly get that much use since the default drive mode is front wheel drive.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
jmoore
My tercel:: 1985 Tercel 4WD SR5 1983 Tercel 4wd SR5

Re: 1984 Rear Diff/Axle Assembly trade for '85

Post by jmoore »

Im on the central Coast in CA. Thanks for the advice, ive been calling around but there is a lot to go through. I'll report back my success if i remember to.