Searching for parts

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
Hteverow
My tercel:: 1986 SR5

Searching for parts

Post by Hteverow »

Hello Everyone—

I’m a new member on here and a first time Tercel owner. About a month ago, I bought a 1986 Tercel SR5 from Arizona, had it fixed up at a garage, and drove it out to Maine painlessly. It’s got less than 150,000 miles on the clock, has zero rust, and is generally a pretty damn clean and original example.

There are, of course, a few things that need working on (or an endless list, if I’m being totally honest with myself). Right now, I’m thinking about refreshing my tired seats, and finding a set of those triangle MR2 wheels to swap on.

So: does anyone have a set of those three spoke MR2 wheels that they’d be willing to part with? And does anyone have the driver’s seat bottom for the SR5 with the tan interior, and not the plaid type, but rather with the thin diagonal lines in alternating tan and beige?

Henry
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Re: Searching for parts

Post by Petros »

welcome to the forum.

good seats are hard to find on a 30 year old car. You might consider having a local upholstery shop match your pattern. If the color is close it will still look okay, even if not an exact pattern match. I have been thinking about rebuilding my drivers seat with some extra padding, and a full leather cover in the same design at the fabric seat.

search ebay or Craig's list for the wheels, or check local MR2 club websites, people are always up grading their MR2 wheels and the factory alloys show up in the for sale part of their websites. Here are set on ebay, if the tires are good not a bad deal, but shipping is a killer.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-MR2-14- ... SwvBdbD2wM
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)