I need doors and a sunroof!!

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
rocketscience
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1983 4WD SR5

Re: I need doors and a sunroof!!

Post by rocketscience »

Here are a couple photos of the windshield repair I did, I didn't take any before photos but the cowl was pretty rusty, no holes as big as the one up above ^^ but there were a lot of holes and it was getting into the seams. The channel around the windshield had 4 rusty patches, only one hole but not where the windshield rests, up on the side of the channel. I painted the area top and underneath with rust bullet and then did my patch work over that. I taped off the area where the windshield sealant would go so there was only rust bullet just to eliminate any possible adhesion problems with the top coat. I covered the putty in POR cause I was out of rust bullet and top coated it with ace epoxy enamel. I was able to reuse a few of the trim clips but put spots of urethane under the trim all the way around the sides and top and then taped the crap out of it to hold it down until it cured. Turned out great! When done I sprayed fluid film on and under the cowl and into the trim slots on the pillars too.

I had a hard time finding a windshield, I know you can get them through rock auto but locally no one had one or could order one. I got one from a salvage yard but they had chipped the sides of it when removing badly enough so I went and cut one out of a junkyard car with a fat max razor blade and napa windshield wire, it took a while but I managed to get it out in very good shape. The key was to cut with the knife a bunch before using the wire, making sure to put zero force on the glass while cutting and as little as possible while using the wire. If I had a hard time pulling the wire I'd cut more till it was easier. This was also on a cold drizzly day, I'm sure it'd be a lot easier if it was hot and sunny out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.