Steering Joint for 83!

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
cjdavis
My tercel:: 1983 with race seats!

Steering Joint for 83!

Post by cjdavis »

Hi all,

I'm living in France and just picked up an 83. Vehicle inspections here are quite thorough, and long story short, I have to replace my steering u joint to get on the road. From the reading and searching I've done, these are no longer available.

Anybody have a good one they are willing to sell/ship? Any other ideas?

Thanks!
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Re: Steering Joint for 83!

Post by Mattel »

HI cjdavis, we used to have some very active members such as Vincent in Marseilles they had a web site called http://www.team-go-on.com/ perhaps they might be able to help?
There was a forum also where some people still post http://www.forum-auto.com/automobiles-m ... 9-4025.htm other than that look for wrecking yards or get one sent from OS?
Good luck
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
jimcrazy
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 4wd 1986fwd 1983 4wd

Post by jimcrazy »

these u-joints will fit,cap size is 16mm and the measurement for the in side locks is 1.05" or26.6mm,i rebuild drive shafts and steering shafts and use 20-30 of the u-joint a year,on some of the yokes you may have to squeeze them in a little bit to get the inside measurement
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cjdavis
My tercel:: 1983 with race seats!

Post by cjdavis »

you guys are awesome. I'll snag one of these u-joints and get in touch with they guys over here as well. Thanks!