BRAND NEW MONROE MA700 AIR SHOCKS WITH ADAPTER

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
seancromie
My tercel:: (ROVER) 1987 tercel 4wd

BRAND NEW MONROE MA700 AIR SHOCKS WITH ADAPTER

Post by seancromie »

PURCHASED ABOUT A MONTH AGO WONT BE NEEDING THEM, WOULD RATHER ASK YOU GUYS AND GIVE A DEAL INSTEAD OF TAKING THEM BACK! ALSO HAVE A FRONT OF FONT STRUT BUMB STOPS ORIGINAL TOYOTA IN GREAT SHAPE,
LOCATED IN VANCOUVER CANADA, ID LIKE $100 FOR THE SHOCKS BUT OPEN TO OFFERS ON EVERYTHING!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Re: BRAND NEW MONROE MA700 AIR SHOCKS WITH ADAPTER

Post by Mattel »

I have these on my corolla 4wd wagon (same rear end as the Tercel 4wd) and they work a treat. A great mod.
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
C130
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 1984 SR5 280K Lift and 195 75 14.

Post by C130 »

Me too, nice being able to compensate for heavy loads.
stefando
My tercel:: The Caribou: 1983 SR5

Post by stefando »

Two open questions:
1) any good source for 1 inch aluminum spacers the right size? I might go cutting board since I keep things cheap but worth the ask.
2) With the Monroes, remove the rear stabilizer bar? My intuitions lean stock but I remember reading Petros advising that the rigidity is achieved in the shocks
1983 SR5 Brown
Salmon River California
LowBuckCanuck
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1986 DLX 4wd Wagon "Jenny"

Post by LowBuckCanuck »

stefando wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:54 pm Two open questions:
1) any good source for 1 inch aluminum spacers the right size? I might go cutting board since I keep things cheap but worth the ask.
2) With the Monroes, remove the rear stabilizer bar? My intuitions lean stock but I remember reading Petros advising that the rigidity is achieved in the shocks
One of the forum members here will make you a set of aluminum spacers for the front, I think he was asking $100 plus shipping? I went with cutting boards and haven't had a problem.
stefando

Post by stefando »

Alright, getting going on this now! Is it silly to just do the monroes for a week till these spacers (cutting boards) come in the mail? I sent Jim a message about spacers but I don't have anything on hand yet and I have a beatiful day to get at the rear and take care of my sag...
1983 SR5 Brown
Salmon River California
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Post by Mattel »

I wouldn't remove the rear stabiliser bar. My Monroe shocks are connected together through a 'T' piece where the valve sits. so air can pass from one side to the other. so on long corners etc I believe the air in the shocks (could be wrong here) go from one side to the other. The anti roll bar (stabiliser) adds a lot of rigidity in the rear end and is essential in the front.
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
stefando

Post by stefando »

thanks Mattel, I didn't remove it but I noticed it could use a couple rubbers. Put those monroes on this afternoon in a couple hours, so happy with how it rides up the driveway- anything is better than trashed shocks I suppose but I realized the noises I was chasing all over the front end this past year were probably coming from the rear! Car sits at a reasonable level without front spacers, 30 psi adds a slight lift. The front struts are fresh, not sure spacers are necessary with my small wheel setup (175...R13)

Going to have to update the photo now that the wagon doesn't have it's tail between it's legs.
1983 SR5 Brown
Salmon River California