F/S aftermarket Spectra gas tank

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
NickC809
My tercel:: 1985 T4WD

F/S aftermarket Spectra gas tank

Post by NickC809 »

I purchased a Spectra gas tank for T4WD while my original gas tank was off having an acid bath, and now I have my original back! Make me an offer on it and as long as you pay shipping, it's yours.

Pros: The interior is squeaky clean and I gave it a layer of paint to keep grit and grime off.

Cons:
•It does not like to fill up properly. Once it gets over half you have to manually, slowly, and painstakingly fill it.
•It's super weird to ship as the filler neck is not removable and might cost a bit. Grey hound or freight might be the best option.
marlinh
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 'Everett' Blue 87 4WD Wagon (Rocky 86, recently retired)

Re: F/S aftermarket Spectra gas tank

Post by marlinh »

Hey, details on the acid bath please. Very interested in the procedure and cost. Maybe before and after pics?

I find the aftermarket tanks a bear to fill too.
NickC809
My tercel:: 1985 T4WD

Post by NickC809 »

I wish I had taken before and after photos! My tank was filled with rust after sitting for 12 years. It was pretty nasty. Luckily it wasnt too detrimental as I dropped it off at the local radiator repair place; $130 and 1 week later he had it back to me all shiny and clean. He did not coat the inside but that would have really protected it. I believe with the aCid bath and coating it would have been closer to $200.
helipilot77
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1984 SR5 wagon

Post by helipilot77 »

I believe that POR makes a product specifically for coating the inside of fuel tanks.
. / TOYOTA
./_| |/|/ |]