Parts parts parts

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
Bug
My tercel:: 86 Wagon 4WD SR5

Re: Parts parts parts

Post by Bug »

Thanks. I ordered them from a guy in Colorado as I am without a car until I get this one running.
I really appreciate your time on this though!
4wdEconoBox
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1985 Toyota Tercel SR5 4WD

Post by 4wdEconoBox »

I just copy and pasted this from any thread, but its pretty much everything I need haha. My car is tan/gold, my trim pieces are tan btw!

I would be interested to see what trim pieces you have, such as the a/c vents, the rear bulb access covers? Ohh what about the heater/ac controls including the cables? The heater control valve and hoses possibly? Maybe a good heater core? Overflow resovoir and cap, a good working cooling fan switch(the one in the radiator), the cool air intake pipe(I don't know what its called) haha. Maybe a fuel sending unit and gauge. Also what badges/emblems do you have? And what about the front corner marker light(drivers side), the front lower turn signals, rear drivers side marker light(red one)

I'm also talking to someone about getting the front window regulators, but I really just need the drivers side one, the tail lights, but I really only need the drivers side one,

I know I'm all over the place but I'm just throwing out parts that I might need as they pop into my head haha, if you don't have or if your keeping any of the parts I listed, it's fine, like I said I'm just throwing it out there haha. I'll also look tomorrow and make a list of anything I need!
Gottolovem
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 SR5 with snow plow,1987 auto 1984 parts car,1987 FX-16 GTS

Post by Gottolovem »

Marker lights yes
Window regulators no
Trim pieces I'll take a look
Buy a new heater core their inexpensive and the job is a PIA! "the valve i'll have"
Fan switch yes but no guarantees it is used after all.

Make me a less "copy and pasted" list and PM it to me so i dont loose track of what your after.

All 3 of my parts cars are leaving soon sold them to a friend of mine with more property than me. They now own three t4's and I need the space.
Before they leave lots of the stuff has been committed to other members like rims inclometers, sunroof stuff, and one engine.
melzy
Advanced Member
My tercel:: tercel 4wd 1983

Post by melzy »

Gottolovem wrote:In trying to save t4's from the crusher I have amassed an immense pile of parts over the year's
let me know what you need the odd's are good I have it. :oldgeek: :oldgeek:
Hey I'm after loads of parts do you have an email? I'm from the UK and we hardly have any Toyota Tercel parts over here :( I baught a Toyota 83 4wd and got ripped off through notknowing enough about cars. But I'm learning as I go! Love this car andf want to save her. I have a broken back brake light right side.. front left cracked light. Back rear wiper has gone. Cigarette has gone! Loads more tbh need to check.

Thanks
Gottolovem
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 SR5 with snow plow,1987 auto 1984 parts car,1987 FX-16 GTS

Post by Gottolovem »

I sold the cars to a friend
I'll see what i can do
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

welcome to the forum Melzy!

Good to have you join. Most of the mechanical parts should the the same as those we use on the North American T4wd, but many times trim, colors and certainly the differences between RH drive and LHD might be different. I know the front grill and light arrangement is all different between yours and ours. So verify exactly what you need with a photo or detailed description before you pay to have it shipped over seas. shipping will be costly, but on the up side, there are still lots of Tercel4wd parts and parts cars available for you here. Likely we can find it no matter what it is you need (with the exception as noted).
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
melzy
Advanced Member

Post by melzy »

Hey Petro

I Have attached the light pictures: Rear driver side (rightside in the UK) break light has cracked. Passenger forward light has a crack and part missing as a result.

Here I found a light from America but now Im concerned as I never thought about our lights being different! The delivery costs are almost double the item haha. I guess thats the cost of buying a rare car here.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/83-84-85-86-87- ... 1769777938

My passenger (left side) mirror is not pulling in so im guessing some kind of mechanism has gone.

I have also attached some pictures of the rust damage and wanted to know if anyone had tips of how to fix this up without going to a mechanic :) Thanks for your help guys.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Petros
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Petros »

the taillights look the same, that is actually a one piece unit, the different color lenses are glued in, so you have to replace the whole assembly. Not too difficult to replace (some connectors and some 8mm nuts holds it in place under the inside trim panels). There are lots of good used ones to be purchased from here, just have to find a willing seller who will ship overseas. sometimes these show up on ebay.

Looks like the outside mirrors are the same too, those are only used in the '83 and '84 model year, the style changed after that. Sometimes those show up on ebay as well, these mirrors are the same in all models '83-84 Tercels.

That front corner light was only sold on the '87/88 wagon only USDM Tercel, but I think the color in the lens is different. It might be better to see if you can get some clear plastic and try and fabricate one, or a patch that gets glued over the damage. Or you might just have to live with it, it does not look too bad in the picture.

Rust repair is fairly straight forward: wire brush all the rust and peeling paint off, mask it off and spray it with Rustolium Primer (or any rust inhibiting paint, it has compounds that seal off the air from the rusty layer), put on several coasts (allow it to cure between coats), than put matching touch up paint over it. There are on-line places to buy specially mixed matching color paint. With a number of coats of the primer at least you stop further degradation.
melzy
Advanced Member

Post by melzy »

Wow thanks so much! I wasn't expecting such a detailed response. My mechanic can't find the parts I need for the service either.

These parts are:
Nearside rear shock absorber( worn bush)
Offside front brake hose (both sides)
Nearside steering rack inner joint
Offside rear (outer sill) Suspension component mounting

Where would you suggest to look on the site Petro I've looked for days on the forum with no luck. Thanks again your a kind soulx
Petros
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Petros »

all of those parts are still available new from any auto parts store in the USA, I am fairly certain Rockauto.com will have that stuff in stock (check your terminology to make sure what they call each part, most have pictures so you can verify). All of those parts should be common to Europe and North American domestic mark. Most of those parts are common to other models of Toyotas as well. I am fairly certain they ship overseas, I know they ship to Australia (they even have a warehouse there), and they sometimes have RH drive parts too. They may even have a European warehouse too, check out their site.

good luck.
melzy
Advanced Member

Post by melzy »

Thanks guys.. does anyone know if corolla shock absorbers can be fitted in an 83 4wd and if u can mix and match? I found one on ebay near to where I live and need all replaced.
Petros
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Petros »

IT should fit, they are the same rear axle. But the upper mount might be different. A way to check is to go to the suppliers websites and compare the mount type, and length of travel, for the corolla shock with the shock listed for the Tercel4wd. Not all auto parts sites have this info, but many of them do, and the manufacturer's web site may as well. You just have to do some searching, one thing I found works is to put the part number into the google window, and see what links come up, searching for the specification information for each shock. works well if you have a fairly high speed connection.

If you can not find the specs for the stock Tercel4wd shock, you can always remove one from your car and measure the closed length, and the extended length, mount dia, etc. than compare with what you can get. You should be able to find something that will work, there is nothing particularly unique about the rear shocks, something similar is used on a lot of cars.
The Professor
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1987 Tercel SR5 4WD wagon

Post by The Professor »

Got cruise control or intermittent wipers?
1975 Subaru SuperStar wagon
1984 Subaru Turbo-Traction wagon & hardtop
1987 Subaru RX 3-door
1987 Subaru RX Type-RA 3-door
1987 Toyota Tercel SR5 wagon
1999 Subaru Forester S
2002 Subaru WRX sedan
2019 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited
melzy
Advanced Member

Post by melzy »

Cheers Petros... sorry for being such a newb! Il deffo have a route around and if all else fails il start dismantling :)
marlinh
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 'Everett' Blue 87 4WD Wagon (Rocky 86, recently retired)

Post by marlinh »

Gottolovem, I am looking for sunroof parts. Do you still have any left? Can post a pic if you do.