'85 Transmission Available

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
Highlander
Top Notch Member

'85 Transmission Available

Post by Highlander »

The car doesn't need the Trans anymore, anyone need one? its got ~ 190k on it , runs and drives fine, no damage to the running gear at all.
DSCN5284.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'83 SR5-299K, -tRusty!
'85 SR5-265K--GOLD
'85 SR5-285K-- GOLD-New engine!
'85 SR5-238K -- Teal-Killed by a DD
'58 and '62 Austin-Healey Sprites
irowiki
Highest Ranking Member

Re: '85 Transmission Available

Post by irowiki »

Holy crap! I guess she held up pretty well, considering.

I DO need a transmission! How much for it?

I might be interested in those alloys too.

Also would be interested in the driver door window rubber, and the seals from that sunroof! Did the rear defroster glass break? I'd take the seal for it if it broke.

We were just thinking of making a trip up to Denver, too.

Is that your tercel? :shock:
Former Tercel Enthusiast (not a practical family car anymore but they still have a place in my heart)

Site administrator, if something is broken, PM me!

87 Corolla FX16, 105k
94 Jamboree RV (Ford E-350), 90k
95 Camry Wagon, 170k
97 4runner, 275k
Gottolovem
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 SR5 with snow plow,1987 auto 1984 parts car,1987 FX-16 GTS

Post by Gottolovem »

OUCH i'm glad everyone walked away

Florykitty is after a set of those rims :!:

EDIT
Oops didn't see that you want the wheels paul
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Post by dlb »

where'd you come across that, highlander?

if it was near me i would also grab the sr5 gauge cluster, seats if they're in good shape, roof racks, sunroof motor, alloy wheels as already mentioned...actually, now i'm glad it's not near me.
irowiki
Highest Ranking Member

Post by irowiki »

Yeah depending on prices I'd be tempted to get a lot more from it. :lol:
Former Tercel Enthusiast (not a practical family car anymore but they still have a place in my heart)

87 Corolla FX16, 105k
95 Camry Wagon, 170k
97 4runner, 275k
florykitty
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 83 Toyota Tercel 4WD SR5,85 Toyota Tercel 4wd SR5,86 Toyota Tercel 4wd SR5 complete for parts,81Toyota tercel SR5 liftback old school

Post by florykitty »

allways find thinks that i need when i dont expect.
Highlander
Top Notch Member

Post by Highlander »

The wheels are mine- brand new (<200 miles Cooper weathermasters), Drivers window seal, I think I've got one in the overhead from a previous car- I'll look. Hatch seal was cut in two by the Jaws of Life, but i have another. :shock: Cluster is OK, sunroof seals are good, it was open at the time (don't know how you'd get it open without power though).
Seats, er, the passenger's has the door post pushed into it, not sure if its intact or not, I haven't gotten the balls up to pull the roof back off yet to pull the front doors out of the back seat.
irowiki- how's $450 for all of what you want sound?
The engine is probably going into my other daughter's terc, I'll clean up the trans as best I can for you

"Is that your tercel? :shock:" It was my daughter's, She's OK, a bit banged up, the worst was the guy sitting behind her, Green stick fracture of the Humerus, ten screws and a plate. She was hit by a 1999 F-150 driven by a drunk driver. We'll see how things shake out.
'83 SR5-299K, -tRusty!
'85 SR5-265K--GOLD
irowiki
Highest Ranking Member

Post by irowiki »

Oh, they cut the entire roof off? :shock:

So $450 for transmission, hatch window seal, driver window seal (I'll take a picture to make sure we're talking about the same one), cluster, sunroof seal? Were you including seats in that?

Don't really need seats right now, but maybe I'll consider the driver seat at least to swap into my 84 Auto... but then again the blue plaid is my favorite. Did the rear seats get wrecked?

I might not need the cluster either, I need one for my FWD wagon but I want one with really low miles! I'll think about it.

Something tells me I should just take all the sunroof stuff minus glass. The wagon I'm trying to bring back from the dead has a sunroof that was left open an inch, out in the weather for 7-10 years, so I bet the motor might be fried. As far as opening it with no power, I think I recall a manual turning screw or something somewhere...

Are you saving the roof rack? I'd take some bits from that too. Make sure you save most of the engine bay bits, emission stuff, etc?

Let me think think think... OH! The complete heater/fan controls with cables. The wagon I just got, some dummy bent all the levers :(

Intermittent wipers?

Oh, I'll take the dome light too if it is the "newer" style.

I also need the passenger sun visor clip that screws into the headliner.

Would you be able to store the stuff for up to a month for me to be able to drive up and get it all?

I'll keep thinking of things I might like off the wrecked hulk before you send it to the crusher...

edit: like the washer/coolant bottle maybe

Is the radio a 1 DIN, if so, does it have the pocket?

Are the front fender turn signals in good shape?

87 Corolla FX16, 105k
95 Camry Wagon, 170k
97 4runner, 275k
dlb
Highest Ranking Member

Post by dlb »

Highlander wrote:"Is that your tercel? :shock:" It was my daughter's, She's OK, a bit banged up, the worst was the guy sitting behind her, Green stick fracture of the Humerus, ten screws and a plate. She was hit by a 1999 F-150 driven by a drunk driver. We'll see how things shake out.

holy crap. sorry to hear it, highlander. i'm constantly amazed by how rampant DUI's continue to be. for something i never found acceptable, they sure seem to be an ongoing problem, even despite extreme penalties up here (loss of drivers license for 1 year, huge fines, vehicle impounded, etc).
Vienna
Advanced Member

Post by Vienna »

My brother was caught drunk driving last year (not the first time either) and they gave him an ultimatum, no driving permit for a year or some kinda device on his truck that monitors all his driving for a year. He went with the no permit option and I'm sure he's still driving. At that point they should have just taken his permit for much longer and fines etc. He nearly destroyed the entire front end of a ford f-150 running into something at high speeds, so I'm glad that something wasn't a car. I hate drunk driving and when I found out about it happening (months after the fact) I nearly flipped my shit on him for it.

Penalties seem like a joke sometimes when you see what the consequences could have been.
dlb
Highest Ranking Member

Post by dlb »

Vienna wrote:Penalties seem like a joke sometimes when you see what the consequences could have been.
i agree. laws are only good for those that follow them. taking a license away doesn't physically stop someone from driving so there are plenty that still do. i have found seniors to be almost as bad for this as chronic DUI-ers, actually.
Highlander
Top Notch Member

Post by Highlander »

Yeah, We've had a rash of Hit and Runs in the Denver area, I believe that its because the penalties for hit and run are less severe than for DUI :twisted: . Even if you kill someone with a hit and run, theh penalties STILL seem to be less. Therefore, everyone who's had their license revoked or suspended or is DUI just runs away.
Thank God everyone in Tam's car is alive to finish College!

At least our Tercs are sturdy- This is the second one that we've had save a life- The first was mine about 4 years ago. I'm constantly amazed at how well built they are for such a light weight car. :P

Irowiki-
Something tells me I should just take all the sunroof stuff minus glass. The wagon I'm trying to bring back from the dead has a sunroof that was left open an inch, out in the weather for 7-10 years, so I bet the motor might be fried. As far as opening it with no power, I think I recall a manual turning screw or something somewhere...
I'll see what I can do about pulling it
Are you saving the roof rack? I'd take some bits from that too. Make sure you save most of the engine bay bits, emission stuff, etc?
I've got one complete roof rack in the attic, plus these parts

Let me think think think... OH! The complete heater/fan controls with cables. The wagon I just got, some dummy bent all the levers :(
Wow, that's a bunch of work to remove

Intermittent wipers?
yeah, The switch or motor?

Oh, I'll take the dome light too if it is the "newer" style.
No problem there

yup, easy

Would you be able to store the stuff for up to a month for me to be able to drive up and get it all?

I'll keep thinking of things I might like off the wrecked hulk before you send it to the crusher...

edit: like the washer/coolant bottle maybe
no problem there either

Is the radio a 1 DIN, if so, does it have the pocket?
yup

PM me and we'll talk- going home for the day now
'83 SR5-299K, -tRusty!
'85 SR5-265K--GOLD
Gottolovem
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 SR5 with snow plow,1987 auto 1984 parts car,1987 FX-16 GTS

Post by Gottolovem »

Irowiki-

Wow, that's a bunch of work to remove

yup, easy

I already got him a set of controls and the clips :P
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

wow, and other Tercel sacrifices itself in a severe collition to save the occupants. well designed little car, and way ahead of its time.

with such a bad wreck there was not much left on the body worth saving, so I understand the rescue personnel not really caring about what they cut to get to the occupants, particularly since there were injuries involved.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)