Air cleaner wingnut

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
tercel4wdrules
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: None

Post by tercel4wdrules »

I need a wingnut because a mechanic lost it. Takza: I know you told me before that you have a different one, where did you get it?
2015 Honda Fit EX "Malachi"
2001 Toyota Corolla CE "Eugene"
3A-C Power
Highest Ranking Member

Post by 3A-C Power »

It's a special wingnut that has a rubber coated washer/seal that can turn on the wing nut. If you can find metric wing nuts anywhere, the right thread is m6x1. I'm using a regular nut at the moment because I also lost my wing nut. I'll pick a couple up from the wreckers, heck maybe I'll get a few.
tercel4wdrules
Highest Ranking Member

Post by tercel4wdrules »

Hmmm... I might be interested because I probably won't be able to visit a wrecker until 2006 or 07 because of the age requirement. What about those bolts that hold down the air cleaner because those are also missing? I might even consider the whole assembly.
3A-C Power
Highest Ranking Member

Post by 3A-C Power »

Is it all the wreckers that you can't get into? That sucks. I always hate it when a wrecker won't let me into the yard when they have alot of good cars in there, and I just know whatever I'm looking for they will not have in their inventory. Besides I don't like asking the guy a hundred questions about parts, that pisses them off. I like looking through the yards and finding stuff. They tightened the laws in my province and you have to sign a form now. The bolts that hold the air filter on are just m6x1 hex bolts. Toyota bolts are so much nicer than the standard kind with their built in washers and all, and they tend to rust less. Best of all, they're free at the wreckers. When it comes to bolts and screws, I just stuff my pockets with them. They don't charge for them anyway.
tercel4wdrules
Highest Ranking Member

Post by tercel4wdrules »

Well when I was about 7 years old (remember I told you I went to Arkansas) my dad and my uncle went to a wrecker and I was able to go in, but this I think was in Missouri. I will call some non-commercial wreckers and ask them if I can go in. This really sucks because there are teens that have cars at 16 and they don't have the chance to go to one. Maybe when I'm 17 then I try and see if they'll let me in if I can't right now. Yeah, stuffing your pockets is a good idea (saves you time) and the pain to find those bolts. Then you can play with them too.
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

tercel4wdrules wrote:I need a wingnut because a mechanic lost it. Takza: I know you told me before that you have a different one, where did you get it?
<span style='color:blue'>I happened to have an assortment of nylon wingnuts that I got at a discount store one time...any hardware store might have some.

These don't have to be the right threads...just so it will go on the bolt and hold OK. I'm still using the first one I put on there.

The old steel one's threads stripped.</span>
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

Thereminator
Top Notch Member

Post by Thereminator »

You might find a universal wingnut in your autoparts Fix-It Part area,Carlos.
1984 SR5~Tercel 4wd-6.Spd<br><br>
tercel4wdrules
Highest Ranking Member

Post by tercel4wdrules »

Ok thanks Alan.