Looking for a drivers side front fender!

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
Eddie94
My tercel:: 1986 project and 1983 sparepart car

Looking for a drivers side front fender!

Post by Eddie94 »

Greetings from Finland!

I got somekind of a brainfart last October and bought myself an 1986 Tercel 4wd which has been used as a workhorse from year 2006. Now im at a point, where i've practically rebuilt 1/3 of this car and the only missing piece is drivers side front fender which looks like a fender and hasnt been messed up with all kinds of repairs.

Sorry for my poor english :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Re: Looking for a drivers side front fender!

Post by Petros »

welcome! your English is fine, even with the brain farts.

shipping from North American would be rather costly I would think, you may be able to find one in a yard where they dismantle old cars for parts (we call them "wrecking yards", though they do not really wreck cars there, they end up there after they are wrecked). you might also check in Russia right next door to you, these cars seem popular there. I do not know what it takes to cross the boarder and get a fender off a wrecked Tercel and drive back.

BTW, the front wheel drive sedan models all uses the same front fenders from '83 through '86, wagons only '87-'88.

Good luck.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
Eddie94

Post by Eddie94 »

Thanks!

All borders are closed because of the covid, so getting IT by myself from neighbour countries isnt an option. I've searched it from Europe and russia without results. I also know about the interchangeability between AL20 and AL25 front fenders but still no results. I tried to contact someone from eBay who was selling an fender, but never got response regarding to shipping costs... Money isn't the problem at this point anymore :D It seems like i just have to make the wheel arc from sheet metal just like i've done other panels too.
ALiveSR5
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: Was a stock 1985, SR5, 4WD, 6-speed manual, Wagon.

Post by ALiveSR5 »

Too bad it is not a right fender that you need - I could easily help you with that. :(
~
RightFenderOutside.jpg
~
That is quite a restoration project that you have taken on. I hope you post pictures, when it is finished.

Best wishes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No other vehicle that I have ever owned had a heart and soul like my 1985 Tercel SR5 4WD Wagon. :D
~
Great minds may think alike but it is the doers who see their visions become reality. :?
Eddie94

Post by Eddie94 »

ALiveSR5 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 6:43 am Too bad it is not a right fender that you need - I could easily help you with that. :(
~
RightFenderOutside.jpg
~
That is quite a restoration project that you have taken on. I hope you post pictures, when it is finished.

Best wishes.
Yeah, too bad nyt thanks anyway. :roll: Right hand fender was much easier to find. I actually found a brand new one! Also a brand new bootlid! I will make new topic with pictures of this project :roll:
Eddie94

Post by Eddie94 »

Eddie94 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 6:49 am
ALiveSR5 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 6:43 am Too bad it is not a right fender that you need - I could easily help you with that. :(
~
RightFenderOutside.jpg
~

Best wishes.
Yeah, too bad but thanks anyway. :roll: Right hand fender was much easier to find. I actually found a brand new one! Also a brand new bootlid! I will make new topic with pictures of this project :roll:
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Post by Mattel »

There is a couple of active members on this forum in the EU (Belgium for instance) and Ex EU (https://www.instagram.com/p/CNuZP28MQHK/) that might be able to find one closer to where you are.
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
Eddie94

Post by Eddie94 »

Mattel wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 7:14 am There is a couple of active members on this forum in the EU (Belgium for instance) and Ex EU (https://www.instagram.com/p/CNuZP28MQHK/) that might be able to find one closer to where you are.
Thank you sir, for this tip! 8)
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Post by Mattel »

Also try the Facebook group. Its worth a chance.

maybe a search on this forum as well with Finland / sweden / norway in the search box. There is a guy in Norway with about a dozen Tercels on the Facebook group. good luck!
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms