Thanks to this forum and the members from a new guy

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
DavesTavern
My tercel:: 1985 Tercel SR5

Thanks to this forum and the members from a new guy

Post by DavesTavern »

Hey, just wanted to say thanks for all the time and effort into this site. I recently inherited a 1985 Toyota Tercel 4wd SR5. I have referenced this place and the FSM a lot over the last few weeks. I think I'm at the point of getting legal (safety) tomorrow and tagged. Maybe somewhere I can give back a bit. Working to finish an interior project already started by another, but most parts are there. Fingers crossed for emissions testing in Texas. Might be old enough that they don't care. We'll see. Pics to come when I get it out in the sunshine and out of the garage.
danzo
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '86 SR5 6 speed

Re: Thanks to this forum and the members from a new guy

Post by danzo »

Wow, a T4wd person who's only 100 miles from me - small world. TX doesn't require emission testing on any car 25 years old or older. Welcome to the forum and to $14 insp stickers!
It's a scientific fact that in a twin engine aircraft, when one engine fails there is always enough power in the remaining engine to make it all the way to the crash site.
Neu
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 SR5 No Mods

Post by Neu »

You're welcome!

You can always contribute yourself with pictures and write ups. Basically any helpful information is very much welcome.

Welcome to the club!
DavesTavern
My tercel:: 1985 Tercel SR5

Post by DavesTavern »

Thanks all. I had it on the road finally and went for the first cross city commute, and was forced to remember that I should have drained and cleaned the gas tank. The worst fuel filter I have seen in my years of wrenching. Likely will do that this weekend. Trying to get some pics posted. We'll see how the gas tank cleaning goes.
SynthDesign
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: The General, 85 SR5 w/ Sunroof,Olive Drab paint, Black Interior, custom steel bumpers, Barto BC lift, 1.67L BUILT 3AC w/ Weber Carb. 346,000 miles and counting since restoration

Post by SynthDesign »

Welcome to the Community as well. Plenty of great people here who are happy to help.
Vintage and Classic Toyota; Have you loved your Toyota today?
2016 Toyota Tacoma Quad Cab LB TRD OffRoad
2005 Toyota Sienna, work van
85 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd (The General)
85 Toyota Tercel GTS 4wd (4AGE Swap)
85 Toyota MR2 (Blu)
83 Mazda RX-7 Mariah Widebody