fastest tercel ever

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Re: fastest tercel ever

Post by Petros »

consider that it is just barely striking the surface it should not strike, so with temp change the relationship between the parts change. Especially when some of the parts are plastic and some are metal, there will be change in clearance due to the different thermal properties of the materials. So I would expect this to happen.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
shogun
Highest Ranking Member

Post by shogun »

i had mine go back to 0 but my cluster is only 85mph so who knows how fast i was, i did go faster than 180 becaise i left behind a friend with a jdm car a those come with speed limiter at 180kph
tercel 4wd custom suspension, under drive pulley, vented brakes, cold air intake, and plenty more to come
4doorVIP
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1988 SR5 Wagon

Post by 4doorVIP »

Was that down a steep hill?? What motor do you have in your Terc?

The weather was a bit warmer today...needle stopped floating around so much
2JZGTE-powered Tercel SR5
Highlander
Top Notch Member

Post by Highlander »

Sorry, I've been kind of busy recently and not checking the General box.
Dave- I've changed out the speedo head in the wife's to an '83 that I had. In the process, I noticed that the DPO had broken the speedo cable clip where it attaches to the speedo head. Now my old '83 had the same on again, off again super speed speedo, and when I disassembled it after the accident, I found that the clip was also broken (this is not the speedo that I put in the wife's though).
When I replaced the head, I disassembled the speedo that I removed and didn't find anything strange, sticky, glitchy, or broken and the gears were fine as well. I did find that there is a way to adjust the speedo response if anyone is interested, its an adjustment of the restraining spring tension that has been tacked down at the factory with something like glyptol or paint.
Our temps here haven't quite gotten cold enough to tell if changing the head made a difference or not. IF not, then I'll be getting a new speedo cable and housing and go that way.
'83 SR5-299K, -tRusty!
'85 SR5-265K--GOLD
'85 SR5-285K-- GOLD-New engine!
'85 SR5-238K -- Teal-Killed by a DD
'58 and '62 Austin-Healey Sprites