Finally got wheels...

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
St6fan
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1987

Finally got wheels...

Post by St6fan »

From the Acura LS:

Tires are 195/50/15 Toyo Proxies - Very soft compound.

Might paint them white.

The end.
Last edited by St6fan on Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1986 Tercel 4WD Slug-On-Rails
1969 Miro 12' Skiff with 15HP Evinrude
2006 Prius (Sorry, but I totally love it)
4wdchico
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 tercel 4wd

Re: Fianlly got wheels...

Post by 4wdchico »

Very nice.
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

I love that style of wheel. That wheel is exactly what I thought would look best to up-date the Tercel apearance.

Don't paint them, they perfect the way they are!
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
St6fan
Top Notch Member

Post by St6fan »

One thing I learned.

Dealing with kids selling Honda parts is as funny as it is depressing. They're all stoned teenage gangster-wannabes.

"Yo, dem rimz is tyte yo!" Is one response I received when asking about the condition of a set of 4X100s I found.
4wdchico
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 tercel 4wd

Post by 4wdchico »

St6fan wrote:One thing I learned.

Dealing with kids selling Honda parts is as funny as it is depressing. They're all stoned teenage gangster-wannabes.

"Yo, dem rimz is tyte yo!" Is one response I received when asking about the condition of a set of 4X100s I found.
Classic slice of life observation...
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

When, Where, and Why - did wheels start getting called rims/rimz?
A rim is part of a glass or a bball goal or a spoked wheel - or even an antique car's artillery wheel, but a modern wheel? Never!
Tom M.

P.S. Your wheels are cool!
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
St6fan
Top Notch Member

Post by St6fan »

ARCHINSTL wrote:When, Where, and Why - did wheels start getting called rims/rimz?
A rim is part of a glass or a bball goal or a spoked wheel - or even an antique car's artillery wheel, but a modern wheel? Never!
Tom M.

P.S. Your wheels are cool!
The irony of only just noticing my spelling gaffe in the title isn't lost on me... ;)

I have no idea when that happened. Better than 'bladez' I guess, which several ads referenced.

Also, whenever you're looking for any part interchangeable with a Honda, the keyword use on CraigsList is a joke:
civic, civic dx, civic hx, civic si, em1, s2000, h22 civic, b18 civic, b18c1, gsr, crx, integra, del sol, 99 civic, 2000 civic, 00 civic, ek, em2, ej, coupe, civic ex, honda, prelude, b16, dc2, del sol, jdm,clean,rota,drag,b16 , sir , gsr , itr , b16 , b18 , civic , si , integra , b20,vtec, h22 ,acura , honda . acura , integra , turbo , eg , ek , b16 , b18 , b18c1 , b18c5 , b20 , b18b , ef , swap honda acura integra civic gsr mugen spoon si rota slips blades rims tires itr jdm accord tsx prelude tl crx hatch hatchback turbo mitsubishi honda,car, custom, customizing, drop springs, lower, lowering, lowering springs, lift, eibach, belltech,honda prelude,type r honda, civic, eg, ,usdm, type r, coupe , hatch, integra, gsr, swap jdm wheels, jdm, enkei, bbs, mesh, drift, touge, civic, si, accord, jdm, type r, body kit, rsx, s2000, racing hart, adr, volk racing, rota, slipstream, blade, fat five, mesh, ls, grid, advan, b18, b16, b18c5, vortex, vortech, jackson racing, greddy, perrin, helix, cusco, magnaflow, blitz, hks, hid, catz, wingwest, ae86, 240sx, ka24de, ka24e, ek9, ek4, ctr, rhd, mugen, advan, volk, civic type r, integra
Grr...
St6fan
Top Notch Member

Post by St6fan »

Also, I picked up another set of Honda wheels today - exactly the same dimensions. Tires are toast but I think they'll look pretty sweet on the Terc:

Sorry, pic taken at dusk on my Galaxy...

If I don't use them as studs, they're up for trades if anyone's looking for a nice alloy wheel. The set seems in decent condition - bit of clearcoat flaking is all. I think they come from a relatively recent Accord. I was thinking they might look better they mask the shameful rear drum! ;) Peter, any interest?

195/50/15 right now - 4X100 - Would look pretty cool with a 45MM profile tire I bet.

EDIT - how's this? Best I could do - Tom M.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
St6fan
Top Notch Member

Re: Finally got wheels...

Post by St6fan »

Nice!

And the discoloration is mud - they were delivered on the back of a dirty truck. ;)

I think they might look really rather good. I'll mount them tomorrow and grab a snap.

Here's a better pic of them just sitting around:

shogun
Highest Ranking Member

Post by shogun »

the ls wheels look sick on your car, do they rub at full lock? i had some honda wheels that rubbed prettybad but fit my slicks nicely, never went full lock though road racing
tercel 4wd custom suspension, under drive pulley, vented brakes, cold air intake, and plenty more to come
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Frankly - I like the second set better. I painted my drums what Duplicolor calls "Cast iron," but what to me looks kinda grey-green. The girly-man drums are unobtrusive behind the Daisy wheels.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

I was cruising Craigslist for awhile looking at the possibility a buying a modded Honda or similar that would get good mpg...handle well...have good power....whole lot of unfinished projects out there...whole lot of "messes" where the guy got too deep in it..."lost interest"... and now wants to fost off their smoking time bombs? They speak a strange language and communicate by text only.

Did see a few modded cars without extreme body kits...where you might have a solid ride.
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

St6fan
Top Notch Member

Post by St6fan »

shogun wrote:the ls wheels look sick on your car, do they rub at full lock? i had some honda wheels that rubbed prettybad but fit my slicks nicely, never went full lock though road racing
No rub at all luckily. :)
ARCHINSTL wrote:Frankly - I like the second set better. I painted my drums what Duplicolor calls "Cast iron," but what to me looks kinds grey-green. The girly-man drums are unobtrusive behind the Daisy wheels.
Tom M.
Well, they're up for trades if you like them and get them before I sling studs on there!
takza wrote:

I was cruising Craigslist for awhile looking at the possibility a buying a modded Honda or similar that would get good mpg...handle well...have good power....whole lot of unfinished projects out there...whole lot of "messes" where the guy got too deep in it..."lost interest"... and now wants to fost off their smoking time bombs? They speak a strange language and communicate by text only.

Did see a few modded cars without extreme body kits...where you might have a solid ride.
It's a real mixed bag but usually it seems to be kids with no money taking out loans, getting in well over their heads, then just giving up and parting out. I wish more of their parts were interchangeable!

The communicating my text only is a weird one, huh? And when you call them, their phones play terrible Bay Area hip-hop instead of just having a ringtone.
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever

Post by ARCHINSTL »

I love it when the HS kids in my Was-A-Regular-Outer-Ring-Suburb but now is A-Desirable-Inner-Ring-Suburb-For-Yuppies cruise around in their Wranglers and Civics blasting HipHop but are horrified when a person of color walks up the street.
"Yo, man - what up" they say as I'm cutting the grass. "Yo, man, what up yo fonee a$$ yo WannaBeButFraidyWhitey" is what I want to reply...
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
Mark Twain
St6fan
Top Notch Member

Post by St6fan »

ARCHINSTL wrote:I love it when the HS kids in my Was-A-Regular-Outer-Ring-Suburb but now is A-Desirable-Inner-Ring-Suburb-For-Yuppies cruise around in their Wranglers and Civics blasting HipHop but are horrified when a person of color walks up the street.
"Yo, man - what up" they say as I'm cutting the grass. "Yo, man, what up yo fonee a$$ yo WannaBeButFraidyWhitey" is what I want to reply...
Tom M.
Ha!

The kid I bought the wheels off yesterday - still at highschool - even had a black person name he'd given himself. I can't remember what it was but he looked a lot more like an Andrew than a G-Money or whatever he said he was called! ;)