Tercel Pr0n! *pics* (Also Wal-Mart wrangling)

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
St6fan
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1987

Re: Tercel Pr0n! *pics* (Also Wal-Mart wrangling)

Post by St6fan »

1986 Tercel 4WD Slug-On-Rails
1969 Miro 12' Skiff with 15HP Evinrude
2006 Prius (Sorry, but I totally love it)
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Post by dlb »

props to whoever changed the name of this thread.

i feel very strongly about the rapid homogenization that is occurring around the world now, partly due to massive chains and franchises. i hate when people go traveling to a new place to see and do new things, and then go looking for a mcdonald's or subway to eat or for a wal-mart sign so they can buy batteries. i think it's insane that people have become so xenophobic, especially so when the familiar products are garbage. over-priced sh*t food, terrible service, gadgets that break in a week so you have to go buy another one...i feel people have become accustomed to these things and accepted them now, when they should be asking, "is this really up to my standards?" i know it's not up to mine.

petros, it's clear you feel very strongly about this topic. you have totally valid and interesting opinions just like anyone else here but i think that calling people fools and pointing fingers ("You only have to look at yourselves to blame for this mess, and your solution is MORE regulations and MORE government. You are all fools if this is what you want.") is uncalled for. i think as long as we can talk calmly about this each of us should be able to take away something new from the discussion. otherwise, people just get their backs up and walk away thinking the exact same thing they thought in the first place, which makes the whole conversation moot.
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

http://projects.washingtonpost.com/top- ... g-america/

Nine years after the terrorist attacks of 2001, the United States is assembling a vast domestic intelligence apparatus to collect information about Americans, using the FBI, local police, state homeland security offices and military criminal investigators.

The system, by far the largest and most technologically sophisticated in the nation's history, collects, stores and analyzes information about thousands of U.S. citizens and residents, many of whom have not been accused of any wrongdoing.

The government's goal is to have every state and local law enforcement agency in the country feed information to Washington to buttress the work of the FBI, which is in charge of terrorism investigations in the United States.

* Technologies and techniques honed for use on the battlefields of Iraq and Afghanistan have migrated into the hands of law enforcement agencies in America.

* The FBI is building a database with the names and certain personal information, such as employment history, of thousands of U.S. citizens and residents whom a local police officer or a fellow citizen believed to be acting suspiciously. It is accessible to an increasing number of local law enforcement and military criminal investigators, increasing concerns that it could somehow end up in the public domain.

* Seeking to learn more about Islam and terrorism, some law enforcement agencies have hired as trainers self-described experts whose extremist views on Islam and terrorism are considered inaccurate and counterproductive by the FBI and U.S. intelligence agencies.

* The Department of Homeland Security sends its state and local partners intelligence reports with little meaningful guidance, and state reports have sometimes inappropriately reported on lawful meetings.

http://projects.washingtonpost.com/top- ... ca/states/

I'm not sure about you...but the more I'm followed around...the more likely I'll be looking for ways to deal with it....and probably will be acting more "suspiciously". The rat usually follows it's own tail...and so it goes.

Apparently...these are the same people who occupy several countries in the Mideast and elsewhere?

So just say NO to Janet. As in..."no Janet...you just be too ugly"? :wink:

Yes...they know who I am...and I'm thinking that I know who they are also. You can only step in sh*t just so many times before you start to smell it? :roll:
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...