Tercel Pr0n! *pics* (Also Wal-Mart wrangling)

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
St6fan
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1987

Re: Tercel Pr0n! *pics*

Post by St6fan »

HomeSkool wrote:Still throwing this out there, 8)
I am selling my custom sub box with 2 12" sub woofers, Amp mounts to the front of it in a display window that you can see when you fold down the rear seats.
I'm up in Victoria, just a little north of you. I'm willing to sell it fairly inexpensivly. Very inexpensivly if you don't want the amp or 6by9's. I'm going to rebuild somthing else next summer cuz I also run a carputer and I need to make enough changes it will be easyer to build somthing new.

I posted a post awhile ago listing pictures. We have the same Interior, I did it to match the grey. If your interested, I'm easy ither way. Would rather see it go to a good home than sit in my storage unit for the rest of time cuz I did'nt have the heart to get rid of it. Just an idea.
~Tom C.
Hi Tom,

Sorry, didn't notice this thread had been responded to. If you have something that's going to fit, I'd really love to see what you have!

It's a pain in the butt for me to cross the border as I'm a non-citizen resident (green card) so they always assume I'm a terrorist Mexican drug-smuggler even though I'm from the UK and with my American wife. However, if you want to jump the ferry I'll cover the expenses. If that might work, let me know! :)
SynthDesign wrote:Nice rig St6fan!,

It looks like it's gonna be a challenge next year to try and beat you out for the best Tercel. Your is defiantly worth an award. Either way, I'm lookin forward to seeing a swarm of Tercels there next year.
Ah, so you're the current holder of the crown huh?

In fairness, I think yours is much nicer given what you've gotten done to it but I guess there's still time. I hope this won't deter you from helping me out in future! ;)
1986 Tercel 4WD Slug-On-Rails
1969 Miro 12' Skiff with 15HP Evinrude
2006 Prius (Sorry, but I totally love it)
SynthDesign
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: The General, 85 SR5 w/ Sunroof,Olive Drab paint, Black Interior, custom steel bumpers, Barto BC lift, 1.67L BUILT 3AC w/ Weber Carb. 346,000 miles and counting since restoration

Post by SynthDesign »

@St6fan,
I'm always happy to help. Even more happy to see some Tercels get the love they deserve!
Vintage and Classic Toyota; Have you loved your Toyota today?
2016 Toyota Tacoma Quad Cab LB TRD OffRoad
2005 Toyota Sienna, work van
85 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd (The General)
85 Toyota Tercel GTS 4wd (4AGE Swap)
85 Toyota MR2 (Blu)
83 Mazda RX-7 Mariah Widebody
HomeSkool
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 87

Post by HomeSkool »

hey St6fan!

I'll check to see if I have my passport. I think that may be fun to pop down into the states for the day.
I was planning to remove the stereo from the car for my trip home for xmas, I have about an 8 to 9 hour drive in winter conditions and I did'nt want the extra weight in the car seeing how I have to travel over many mountain passes. I'd be thrilled if you wanted it. It took be awhile to build it and I just want to see it go to a good home. Only problem is I don't know if I'll have time untill the new year to do it. If you did come over I'd be more than happy to meet you somewhere and show it to you / let you try it out ect. But I deff won't be able to come into the states untill the new year. I'm not too sure how much the ferry costs from here to their. Is it much of a drive to your place from the ferry terminal on you side?
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Post by dlb »

homeskool, you can take the coho ferry from downtown victoria to port angeles. here's their website:

http://www.cohoferry.com/main/?Fares

or you can take the sidney ferry to anacortes. here's their site with fares and schedules:

http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/ferries/

both are cheaper and faster than those motherf*cking bc ferries. those clowns can suck my socks.
St6fan
Top Notch Member

Post by St6fan »

HomeSkool wrote:hey St6fan!

I'll check to see if I have my passport. I think that may be fun to pop down into the states for the day.
I was planning to remove the stereo from the car for my trip home for xmas, I have about an 8 to 9 hour drive in winter conditions and I did'nt want the extra weight in the car seeing how I have to travel over many mountain passes. I'd be thrilled if you wanted it. It took be awhile to build it and I just want to see it go to a good home. Only problem is I don't know if I'll have time untill the new year to do it. If you did come over I'd be more than happy to meet you somewhere and show it to you / let you try it out ect. But I deff won't be able to come into the states untill the new year. I'm not too sure how much the ferry costs from here to their. Is it much of a drive to your place from the ferry terminal on you side?
Hey man, I totally understand.

Luckily, I'm about 40 minutes from the Port Angeles ferry so that might work well. Absolutely no rush at all - if you're around in the new year, great, I'll buy you dinner! :)

As mentioned, it sucks for me to cross the border. I'm going to have to become a citizen soon I think as being locked here (unless I was to go through the toil of traveling) is driving me mad. I have friends who are legal residents and have been denied entry in the past, which comes with an automatic ten year lockout form the US. Getting all that reversed costs in the region of $20K, even if it's a clear and obvious mistake. Thank The Patriot Act, without question the most constitutionally damaging piece of sub-legal legislation ever passed in the US.
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

St6fan wrote: Thank The Patriot Act, without question the most constitutionally damaging piece of sub-legal legislation ever passed in the US.
But they are protecting us from the terrorists which they continue to stir up with their perpetual wars. The US is no longer really the US as many think of it. Sort of a combination of East Germany/Israel now? But I digress...we should be thankful that the masters of the universe have it ALL UNDER CONTROL? :mrgreen: :?
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

dlb
Highest Ranking Member

Post by dlb »

sparks are gonna fly over this one
St6fan
Top Notch Member

Post by St6fan »

takza wrote:But they are protecting us from the terrorists which they continue to stir up with their perpetual wars. The US is no longer really the US as many think of it. Sort of a combination of East Germany/Israel now?
You don't actually believe that do you? No, of course not, it would be impossible.

As soon as a terrorist has you living in fear, and undermining your Constitution because of that fear, he has won.

The expansion of the Border Patrol around here is mainly used for roadblocks (illegal in Washington by the way, the Feds don't seem to care) set up to hassle brown people.

I love how we no longer have basic Fourth Amendment rights here.
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

St6fan wrote:You don't actually believe that do you? No, of course not, it would be impossible.
I don't believe anything I say and you shouldn't either. :mrgreen:
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

St6fan
Top Notch Member

Post by St6fan »

Phew! ;)
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

dlb
Highest Ranking Member

Post by dlb »

wal-mart and their garbage can get f*cked. as for the youtube video, i like the benjamin franklin quote someone posted:

"they who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
St6fan
Top Notch Member

Post by St6fan »

davidlucasbarnes wrote:wal-mart and their garbage can get f*cked. as for the youtube video, i like the benjamin franklin quote someone posted:

"they who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Yes, one of my favorites too.
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

If I walk into a Walmart and see that video...I'll do a quick 180 and won't be coming back. I only hit Walmart to stock up on essentials now and then...they have good buys on motor oil...various sundries.

That video reminds me of the movie 1984? Where the head dude was always on TV droning on about how stupid he wanted everyone to be.... :?:

If you are in the back seat...saying over and over..."are we there yet?". Well Bunky it's that time...I'd pretty much say so..... :roll:

I once sat down by Ronald McDonald at a Walmart and asked him if he was being treated OK...and if he needed anything...he didn't say much. Then shortly thereafter a couple of store dummies came up and shadowed me.

I suppose if I'd mention to Janet that she should just sit on a big hot one...I'd get a visit from HS....and of course there will be an audio pickup going so they'd have proof of my non-compliance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGQF8LAmiaE

dlb
Highest Ranking Member

Post by dlb »

shame on you takza! for all your anti-establishment talk, i can't believe you even set foot in wal-mart. you've seen the video online and surely know the negative impacts wal-mart has worldwide so why wait to see the video in the store before you boycott them?