Car abuse.

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
Lateer
Top Notch Member

Post by Lateer »

Grrr.

Whoever had my car before me is a complete arsehole. :angry:
The Weber was sourced from a 2 litre Ford Cortina and poorly tuned and jetted, according to the feller I asked about it. <_<

The steering lock assembly was replaced and put back on with three different bolts, including one way too large from a Holden. :angry: This particular bolt stripped when the lock assembly came loose a while ago.

The wheels and tyres were replaced because I just found out that in Tasmania, SR5 rims and tyres are worth more than the car. :angry:

Someone has abused my Tercel bady and it's going to cost me to fix it all. <_<

On the plus side, thanks to everyone here, I've got the info to ressurect my beloved Racing Turtle. Thanks everyone. :D :)
1983 Tercel SR5 with 185/75R14 tyres, 32/36 DGAV Weber carburetor, lumpy cam and upgraded Pioneer sound system. Veteran of several fire seasons (with the scars to show it) and known as "The Racing Turtle"
arbskynxnex
Top Notch Member

Post by arbskynxnex »

It's only abused if he hit it. I abused mine.:o I would say its a project car, like all of ours.
Pandas: Eats, shoots and leaves.
GTSSportCoupe
Highest Ranking Member

Post by GTSSportCoupe »

The tercel I have now has lots of bugs from the previous owner; it constantly pisses me off. :angry:
Current:
91 LJ78 Landcruiser EX5
95 A32 Maxima SE
Former:
87 AW11 MR2 Smallport 4AGZE
93 Taurus SHO ATX
86 AL25 SR5 6spd 4wd
90 AE92 GTS
82 KP61 SR5
85 MX73
87 AE86 GTS 4AGZE
85 AE86 GTS
83 AL21
3A-C Power
Highest Ranking Member

Post by 3A-C Power »

I would take all those problems in exchange for my rust.
DaveG1
Advanced Member

Post by DaveG1 »

86 tercel, rust free, just waiting for you here in Cali! (didn't realize how far totronto was until I looked at a map.)
Lateer
Top Notch Member

Post by Lateer »

I forgot to mention that the boot door is rusting out at the bottom :angry:
Let's stop this thread here before I have an aneurysm.

However, it's going to be fun fixing it all.
1983 Tercel SR5 with 185/75R14 tyres, 32/36 DGAV Weber carburetor, lumpy cam and upgraded Pioneer sound system. Veteran of several fire seasons (with the scars to show it) and known as "The Racing Turtle"
Juando
Advanced Member

Post by Juando »

I am the previous owner you all hate. When I bought my Tercel ($1500) it was in perfect condition. no dents, 150,000 miles but sounded new. about the only thing bad was the tires were old..oh no. Then I got ahold of it...went through a new clutch in 2 years, blew up 5th gear, seized the water pump...killed the alternator...missing the driver side rear plastic bump guard and have dents trying to rust along with other dents and other things...passenger side door window handle is gone. too many more things. it makes me sad.
them: so you're telling me your tercel has 1.5 liters...where as my pepsi has two?

me: yes, can you seat 5 people in your pepsi...and does it have 4WD? oh...my bad