mud flaps 4 1983 tercel wagon

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
Thereminator
Top Notch Member

Post by Thereminator »

A~C is a Mechanical Engineer by Day and runs a group of rouge Mad~Scientist by night.We suspect GT Sportscoupe is part of his "Gang",they may have even got'in to Takza! Gasoline Fume's is our operative in charge of Forien~Affairs. :unsure: B) :ph34r:
1984 SR5~Tercel 4wd-6.Spd<br><br>
Lateer
Top Notch Member

Post by Lateer »

Thereminator wrote: A~C is a Mechanical Engineer by Day and runs a group of rouge Mad~Scientist by night.We suspect GT Sportscoupe is part of his "Gang",they may have even got'in to Takza! Gasoline Fume's is our operative in charge of Forien~Affairs. :unsure: B) :ph34r:
Nice to see educated people drive Tercels, then. :D

I'm an analytical/industrial chemist, doing my PhD at the University of Tasmania, Australia. I like the Tercel's ability to go just about anywhere with as much notice as it takes to get my arse off the couch, pack a walking pack, throw it in the boot and go bush. :)

And as see in my Sig, it's been used many, many times to haul supplies and firefighters around. Even the cops are starting to get to know it now. :lol:
1983 Tercel SR5 with 185/75R14 tyres, 32/36 DGAV Weber carburetor, lumpy cam and upgraded Pioneer sound system. Veteran of several fire seasons (with the scars to show it) and known as "The Racing Turtle"
Juando
Advanced Member

Post by Juando »

while we are on the subject of educated, I am actually a computer nerd guy (Computer Science major in college) and I am 22. The only car I have ever owned is this 84 tercel wagon I got when I was 16. it had extra low and I was amazed at the size of things I could move with it and its offroading capabilities. I will never be without one ever again. I had a friend with the same year Subaru wagon and we used to drag and I kicked his butt every time...but I am sure that added to the reason I had to rebuild the engine due to losing compression in one cylinder. but yeah, the tercel 4wd wagon isn't the best car ever made...but it's close in my book.
them: so you're telling me your tercel has 1.5 liters...where as my pepsi has two?

me: yes, can you seat 5 people in your pepsi...and does it have 4WD? oh...my bad
GTSSportCoupe
Highest Ranking Member

Post by GTSSportCoupe »

Lateer wrote: I'm an analytical/industrial chemist, doing my PhD at the University of Tasmania, Australia. I like the Tercel's ability to go just about anywhere with as much notice as it takes to get my arse off the couch, pack a walking pack, throw it in the boot and go bush. :)
Hi Lateer, It's great to have you and your knowledge on this forum! I remember someone being on one of the Australian forums (Toymods I think?) with a similar background to yours who was analizing 4agze/4age pistons to see if they were really forged etc. Was that you?
Current:
91 LJ78 Landcruiser EX5
95 A32 Maxima SE
Former:
87 AW11 MR2 Smallport 4AGZE
93 Taurus SHO ATX
86 AL25 SR5 6spd 4wd
90 AE92 GTS
82 KP61 SR5
85 MX73
87 AE86 GTS 4AGZE
85 AE86 GTS
83 AL21
Lateer
Top Notch Member

Post by Lateer »

GTSSportCoupe wrote:
Lateer wrote: I'm an analytical/industrial chemist, doing my PhD at the University of Tasmania, Australia. I like the Tercel's ability to go just about anywhere with as much notice as it takes to get my arse off the couch, pack a walking pack, throw it in the boot and go bush.  :)
Hi Lateer, It's great to have you and your knowledge on this forum! I remember someone being on one of the Australian forums (Toymods I think?) with a similar background to yours who was analizing 4agze/4age pistons to see if they were really forged etc. Was that you?
Nope. It wasn't me.

I've only had my Tercel for a few years. My father used to drive one when he worked for the then Hydro Tasmania (Tasmanian power generation company) when I was a kid. I recall it being able to go anywhere and take on things that bigger 4WD's couldn't handle. It was a real machine. :D :D :D

Once I got the Tercel, and wanted to work on it myself instead of paying my mates or a mechanic, I needed info. I hit the web and found this forum. It's been invaluable. :)

And I'm going to have to post pics of the Weber conversion so you all can enjoy the fun of racing carubrettors. :D
1983 Tercel SR5 with 185/75R14 tyres, 32/36 DGAV Weber carburetor, lumpy cam and upgraded Pioneer sound system. Veteran of several fire seasons (with the scars to show it) and known as "The Racing Turtle"