Here's Takza's booty......

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

Here are some fine examples of precious gems and stones brought back from <span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'><span style='font-family:Impact'>the land of ferocious bugs </span></span></span>at great risk & expense:

It was a harrowing journey with many travails.....but with endless courage & persistance....we...me, myself, & I.....prevailed. With some credit given to my dog....an ever faithful companion.....when the bugs aren't after him. And my cat...who always seems to want to get away...for some reason.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Optima'><span style='color:green'>by TAKZA the ADVENTURER</span></span></span> :ph34r:
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

GTSSportCoupe
Highest Ranking Member

Post by GTSSportCoupe »

Right on man! Thanks for sharing! Let me know if you ever see a rock with shiny metallic yellow stuff in it. ;) (I used to work for an exploration/mining company - have done my fare share of rock collecting and gold panning). I love looking at rocks though. Someday maybe I'll find some gold. :)
Current:
91 LJ78 Landcruiser EX5
95 A32 Maxima SE
Former:
87 AW11 MR2 Smallport 4AGZE
93 Taurus SHO ATX
86 AL25 SR5 6spd 4wd
90 AE92 GTS
82 KP61 SR5
85 MX73
87 AE86 GTS 4AGZE
85 AE86 GTS
83 AL21
arbskynxnex
Top Notch Member

Post by arbskynxnex »

Nice rocks. Good to know there are other rockhounds out there, I chase agates, petrified wood and whatever purdy rocks I see. It seems like we're all closet cases.
Pandas: Eats, shoots and leaves.
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

I seem to have a thing for interesting stones and so forth...though I haven't reallly studied the subject. Did find a nice worn crystal of pink quartz around...strangely enough...Quartzite. AR once though.

Long ago I climbed a peak in Colorado in a sort of impromptu way one day....got to the top by way of a kind of razor back type, very rocky ridge and didn't want to go back that way. There was an old mining shaft right at the top where they had to use a cable setup to get the ore down. Had the sense to pickup a couple of sticks left from the top of the ore bags and went down a steep slope of old snow using these sticks to keep from losing it...since there was a wall of jagged rocks way down there...made it.

Got down off this part and later found some rocks with fools gold in them...thought I was RICH!!!!!! Must have been the altitude or something...or just relief at getting down alive.

Did pan a little gold in Canada on a trip once...damned hard work. Also stayed in a camp in California where they still worked the stream some...a group that has camps here and there and look for gold as a hobby....though some took it seriously.
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...