tecel wins autocross national championchip

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
shogun
Highest Ranking Member

tecel wins autocross national championchip

Post by shogun »

im extatic, after a lot of blood sweat and tears im the national champion, for my class, beating cars such as suziki swift, yaris ts, colt gt, just shows you that perseverance is the key to win, ill post some pics later
tercel 4wd custom suspension, under drive pulley, vented brakes, cold air intake, and plenty more to come
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Congratulations !
I would think that driver skill would have something to do with winning, as well as the perseverance portion.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Iain
Top Notch Member

Post by Iain »

Congratulations!!!!

"Shake N' Bake!!!"

-1992 TCR10 Previa LE -Thanks Jetswim-
-1987 AL25 Tercel SR5 -Sold To Jetswim-
-2000 PL2000 Neon LE -Sold to spencersummerfield-
-1999 PL Neon SE -Stolen, recovered cut in half. R.I.P.-
-1987 AE86 Corolla GT-S Coupe - Sold (I want it back!)-
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Post by Mattel »

:D

on ya Shogun!

good work mate
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
ctishman
Advanced Member

Post by ctishman »

Hell yes! Congratulations!

Also, if he doesn't have stickers yet, send the man some! He's representing us!
Typrus
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Typrus »

Everybody! Pool money to get the man a custom tranny and body support frame!! Heh... Wish I had money to give.

Huge grats my man
RIP 10-07- 1984 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

RIP 04-05- 1986 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

1st Terc- 1987 Tercel SR5 4wd Wagon 6-speed, Sadly cubed

1985 Tercel Standard 4wd Wagon w/ 3-speed auto, Living a happy life in Boulder last I knew
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

Go Tercel! Go Tercel! Go Tercel!

Good work!
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

shogun
Highest Ranking Member

Post by shogun »

thanks every body, next year i plan to campaign my terc supercharged
tercel 4wd custom suspension, under drive pulley, vented brakes, cold air intake, and plenty more to come
Typrus
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Typrus »

Does your class have a drive requirement? i.e. Front-Wheel, Rear-Wheel, or All-Wheel/4-wheel? If not, you could likely convert to an AE86 tranny and drivetrain componants. If there is no limit on that obviously. If there is no limit on engine either, you could always go 4AGE if you went AE86.

Think you could tell us your class rules?

I'd love to help you get pumping some more grunt. I'm going to try and get my 87 tranny reverse-engineered so they can A) see what broke B) see if/how anything can be strengthened. If its not too expensive to have it reverse-engineered that is.
Hell, if they found they had room to expand it to the point of being able to handle 300HP, we'd all be set :twisted:
RIP 10-07- 1984 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

RIP 04-05- 1986 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

1st Terc- 1987 Tercel SR5 4wd Wagon 6-speed, Sadly cubed

1985 Tercel Standard 4wd Wagon w/ 3-speed auto, Living a happy life in Boulder last I knew
Lollypop
Top Notch Member

Post by Lollypop »

That's tha bomb Shogun....congrats buddy

=====Justin=====
1987 Tercel 2WD, 1983 Tercel 4WD
GTSSportCoupe
Highest Ranking Member

Re: tecel wins autocross national championchip

Post by GTSSportCoupe »

shogun wrote:im extatic, after a lot of blood sweat and tears im the national champion, for my class, beating cars such as suziki swift, yaris ts, colt gt, just shows you that perseverance is the key to win, ill post some pics later
Congratulations! I think it is mostly driver skill, but it does go to prove that these little cars are capable in more ways than one! I'd love to see a 4agze in one! Maybe rwd with a W58 supra transmission, and a first generation supra solid rear axle w/ LSD. Not to mention a nice rollcage to stiffen up that weak chassis? Can't wait to see you start the new project, maybe you can get sponsored now?
Current:
91 LJ78 Landcruiser EX5
95 A32 Maxima SE
Former:
87 AW11 MR2 Smallport 4AGZE
93 Taurus SHO ATX
86 AL25 SR5 6spd 4wd
90 AE92 GTS
82 KP61 SR5
85 MX73
87 AE86 GTS 4AGZE
85 AE86 GTS
83 AL21
shogun
Highest Ranking Member

Post by shogun »

well the thing is, i can get a 20v for 500 dollars, or slap a sc12 supercharger on my 3a engine that is far from stock, ported polished angle job etc, the thing is i was limited to 1500 cc and no engine mods suspension and brakes were to a certain point not regulated, i stil raced with toyota oem stuff with the exception of the bushings and a couple of stich welds here and there, next year im planning on going to super stock, that allows cams and better induction, or turbo b with the supercharger which is a class that has all cars that have force induction not from the factory, i still haven´t made my mind up, since im looking for a kp61 to work all the dark arts on chasis, engine suspension etc etc etc, basically a street driven racecar, so i wait an see what are the rule changes for next year o see what ai race
kamiphloj
Top Notch Member

cheers!

Post by kamiphloj »

One day I slowed and stopped for a traffic light ,cars in front of me.As people turned right on red,etc,a little gap opened ahead of me.
An old subaru wagon with 3 guys and a girl pulled up beside me.Now,I had a little girl point at me and call me Santa the other day.I am almost as old and grizzly looking as Takza!
These kids in the suby were having fun and they hollered at me "Hey man,you wanna race.?" The jaw drop utter amazement on their faces was priceless when I said "Yeah" and did a 4500 RPM hole shot that made some (relatively) spectacular wheelspin and tire smoke.I had a stopped car in front of me,so had to quit with the "burnout".
We know the beast in the little Burro.It lives!
Cheers and congratulations .We all Triumph vicariously!
PS.I don't do that any more.Trying to make the terc last.Don't want to break things!
Like my old Volvo 544 with 4wd.I seldom regret neversieze or threadlocker
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

I don't recommend it...but the first time I put the Terc in 4WD...sitting in a few inches of snow....I thought it would slip a lot....so I sort of popped the clutch....didn't seem to slip a bit.

If you'd have done that in 4WD...assuming the clutch/trans would handle it...there wouldn't have been any wheelspin. Might need a neckbrace after that though.

I might change my name to Gabby Hayes and head west..... :lol: Gabby Hayes and his trusty steed...old Nellie Belle.

Go here and you can hear my opinions on various subjects in my actual voice:

http://www.gabbyhayes.org/short_visit/g ... byisms.htm

Here's a message espec for Typrus:

http://www.gabbyhayes.org/short_visit/g ... napper.wav

Here's one for kamiphloj:

http://www.gabbyhayes.org/short_visit/g ... /women.wav
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

Mickey_D
Top Notch Member

Post by Mickey_D »

I was once asked why I drive such a POS by a guy who owned a 2WD Chevy pickup with nice wide, fat tires all around.

I looked at his truck, peered down at my tires and the 4WD emblem, back at his truck, back at my car, back at his truck, then to him.

"Dude, we live in northern Minnesota. Why in the hell would you pay almost $40,000 for a truck that'll look like my car in 5 years, and have me pulling your silly ass out of the ditch? And it WILL happen with that truck and those tires. I WILL be driving past you some time laughing my ass off as you try to wave me down to call a tow truck."

To proove the point I waited until he was all started and in his seatbelt then asked him if he wanted a race. He started laughing. I said across this ice covered parking lot. He stopped laughing. I revved it to about 4500RPM took off in 4WD at full throttle and shot across the parking lot through 3rd, then slammed the brakes on and stopped at the curb like I had deliberately parked it there. Then repeated the process back to him.

I then asked him just how smug he felt about owning $40,000 worth of useless truck...... :lol:

It's amazing how quickly people's opinions change about these cars when they see them in action on snow and ice.
1986 Tercel Wagon 4X4 SR5 (sold to splatterdog).

A bullet may have your name on it, but shrapnel is addressed, "To whom it may concern"!!